All the Sites about Primary Education
¼ëåò ïé ó÷åôéêÝò ìå
ôçí ÐñùôïâÜèìéá åêðáßäåõóç óåëßäåò ðïõ îÝñïõìå.
From "The World-Wide Web Virtual
Primary School links
Kid's View of Lexington
- This is a kids' view of Lexington, Massachusetts. The authors and
illustrators are the students of Mrs. Morse and Mrs. Marden's third-grade class at Bowman
School. We wrote this handbook specifically for new elementary school students to
- Allied Video Corporation
- An online catalog of our educational products. Allied Video
produces top quality, affordable educational videos, software, and CD-ROMs in math,
science, music, and sports. Our programs consistently receive excellent rating from
professional reviewing organizations. Designed to provide information about our
educational products, provide a method to receive feedback from customers, as well as an
online ordering service.
- Alpine Valley
- AVS is a K-12 Independent day school located in Metro Denver. AVS
is based on freedom, equality, trust and respect. The students completely design their own
education and participate in governing the school.
- America's Heroes
and YOU Curriculum
- AMERICA'S HEROES AND YOU, a new curriculum for elementary and
middle school students, focuses on the lives of eleven American heroes to foster
citizenship and offer positive role models for principals, teachers and students. The
curriculum highlights the achievements of heroes like Thomas Jefferson, Eleanor Roosevelt,
Sojourner Truth, Cesar Chavez and Martin Luther King, Jr., and describes how each of their
lives exemplified one heroic quality - such as courage, determination, self reliance,
problem solving or self giving.
- American Association of School
- The American Association of School Administrators is the
professional organization for over 16,000 education leaders.
- American Home-School
- American Home School Publishing maintains the finest catalog of
Home Schooling materials available. This catalog is now available online with full color
digitized photos and detailed descriptions for most of the over 1200 available resources.
- American Orff-Schulwerk Association
- Home page of American Orff-Schulwerk Association, anorganization
of music and movement educators; includesinformation regarding Orff Schulwerk as well as
links toarts education resources.
University School of Education
- The Schol of Education offers both graduat and undergraduate
programs, some offering certification in the District of Columbia. Programs include
undergraduat major and minor, M.A., M.A.T., and PhD in various subjects
- APICNET (Asia Pacific Interactive Communication NETwork), a
network for international cooperation, communication and understanding, has set up a web
site offering information about its online educational projects, member schools and
educational resources. It also features a page on Information about Japan for foreigners
and "Global Citizen Square," where APICNET hosts WWW pages for public
organizations, non-profit organizations, and groups which provide public-oriented
- Appetizers and
Lessons for Math and Reason
- This online classroom offers appetizers and lessons for math from
arithmetic to calculus or why slopes; for deductive reason (logic) and critical thinking;
and for learning in general. Included here are opinions on the communication of skills and
mathematics instruction. The logic appetizers are math free. Each appetizer is different.
If one is not to your liking try another. Most are from three books on understanding and
explaining math and reason.
School Web Page
- A private school for learning disabled students, specializing in
research towards improving specific brain areas to enable the student to reach her/his
- Assistive Technology
for Special Needs - LAB Resources
- LAB Resources is a World-Wide-Web based Internet
businessspecializing in assistive technology for special needs. Ourgoal is to offer the
finest educational and therapeutic technology for both Macintosh and PC computers as well
astraining classes on the use of that technology.
- Aunt Annie's Craft Page
- Featuring a new craft project every week! The emphasis of this
page is on learning, creativity and problem-solving, while having the fun of doing crafts.
Each craft project has a variety of designs, patterns to print, and illustrated
instructions. There are links to related sites, and suggested books for further reading.
Free craft software to download.
- Experience a virtual tour of Questacon's hands-on exhibitions, try
some fascinating activities at school or at home, solve challenges and puzzles. Learn
about Questacon's programs for people of all ages across Australia and in the Asia-Pacific
region to experience the fun and fascination of science - the hands-on, minds-on way!
- B.C. Public School Employers'
Association - BCPSEA ONLINE
- The British Columbia Public School Employers’ Association is the
employers’ association for all 75 public school boards in the province.
- Bank Street College Home Page
- A resource for Academia dedicated to internetwork knowledge
- Breaking Free Association is a library of educational
andself-improvment software titles and books. From speedreading to public presentations,
through improving yourmemory... you will find it all here. This is a must-visitplace for
any student. We welcome you at this Web Pageat any time.
- Brillar Enterprises
- Brillar Enterprises is a company designed by educators for
educators. As of right now we sell discount educational CD-ROM's with plans to have a
blue-chip lesson plan post area in the near future.
- British Columbia Teachers'
- Pedagogical information, especially related to English as a Second
Language and Mainstreaming/Inclusion. Also current issues related to teacher bargaining in
- Britain's largest business education network, supporting
curriculum and staff development in all areas of business education and training. You can
view details of high quality teaching and learning resources and down-load exemplar
materials. Also details of customised training programmes, consultancy and research
offered by this network.
- Bytes & Pieces On-Line
- Bytes & Pieces On-Line
- California Education Law
- The California Education Law Report is a monthly newsletter
covering the latest cases, issues and news in the field of schools and the law. Written
and published by an attorney, CELR covers California and the nation with emphasis on
special education. Our home page features a review of the current issue and a collection
of articles form the past year.
- California Summer
Language Adventure Camp
- The CSLA provides Spanish language instruction in a cultural
immersion outdoor environment to kids ages 8 to 13. Calistoga's Napa Valley is transformed
into a Spanish Village where each activity is rooted in the cultures of Spanish speaking
people. A meal becomes a visit to an open air market. A camp counselor becomes a language
and cultural guide. A scavenger hunt becomes a trip of discovery on the Madrid subway.
- Center for Applied Research in
- CARE is a unit of the University of Texas engaged in applied
research on school quality improvement, reform, restructuring and re-engineering. CARE
publishes the International Journal: Continuous Improvement Monitor and up-to-date
information on school reform programs.
- Center for Education Reform
- The Center for Education Reform is a national, non-profit
education advocacy group providing resources, support and guidance to communities involved
in school improvement across the United States. Issues include: standards and testing,
accountability, governance, school finance, school choice, entrepreneurial activity and
public/private partnerships, charter schools, private contracting, school board policy,
state and federal education legislation, etc.
- Center for Talented Youth
(CTY) - JohnsHopkins Universityy
- Challenger Phonics Fun by The
- The Challenger Phonics Fun video reading program will take your
child on fun adventures while teaching critically important phonics concepts. And it's
fun, because The Learning Crew teaches with upbeat, original songs — not just background
rhythm. Whether your child is a beginning reader, or is struggling from lack of a good
foundation, the Challenger Phonics Fun videos can make learning to read fun!
- channel 4
- Listings and descriptions of educational television programmes for
UK schools. Jobs for teachers.
of a workable SCHOOL CHOICE plan - not a voucher
- Common sense School Choice objectives, and links to simplified
Literature Web Guide
- The Children's Literature Web Guide is a World-Wide Web directory
to Internet resources for Children's and Young Adult Literature. It provides access to
Children's Literature announcements and awards lists, lists of recommended books, topical
bibliographies, lesson plans, the full text of out-of-copyright children's
"classics," information about a wide variety of children's authors, and more.
- Children's Shareware Pages
- Children's Shareware for the Mac and PC - read descriptions,
download directly from the pages, visit web sites with screen shots and detailed info.
Also area for reviews of commercial children's software and demos.
- Children's stress
- This is a audio program used in schools, hospitals and by
therapists which helps children change negative behaviors and offers coping skills.This
program helps children develop what is called "emotional intelligence" and has
been found to be effective with all children in helping them deal with upsetting
situations and ways to gain self control, impulse control, delay gratification, etc.
League for Environmental Action
- CLEAR is a non-profit site where educators and youth groups can
get environmental educational videos and software. The videos are geared mostly to the
K-12 audience. Most are public domain and are free for the asking. The site also has
environmental software geared mostly to community use. These programs are highly
interactive and are also free for the asking.
- Clark Atlanta University
- Classroom Connect
- An organization providing tools to K12 educators who use the
Internet in the classroom.
- Columbus Connection
- Special Educator's site from Rosemont School; offering The Pen Pal
Exchange, Educational links for "Electronic Field Trips, and more.
- Commission scolaire des
- This is a web created by students from Quebec, Canada.You can find
articles made by students and you can get informations about all the schools in the
Commission scolaire des Decouvreurs.
- Council of the Great City Schools
- A non-profit organization representing the nation's largest public
- Cranbury Elementary
School, Norwalk, CT, USA
- Cranbury Elementary School is a public elementary school in
Norwalk, CT, USA with approximately 520 students in grades K-5.
- CyberSchool Magazine
- CyberSchool Magazine is an education resource for teachers,
students and parents.
- Data Projections Inc
- World's largest provider of data/video projection devices. Offers
dPict Infocus nview Sharp Proxima Barco Dukane Elmo
- David Yates' Home
- CV and art activity and reference resources for Primary school
teachers in the UK.
- Deafax -
Communication and Technology for Deaf People
- The aim of Deafax is to improve the communication skills of deaf
and hearing people by using technology and other methods.We are a registered charity
providing training in schools to enable deaf children to improve their communication and
literacy.We are building a Fun Directory of children and others wishing to
"chat" on the Internet about their hobbies and interests.
- Dole 5 A Day Homepage
- Dole's 5 A Day Website hosted by 36 fruit and vegetable characters
makes eating 5 fruits and vegetables a day a fun experience for everyone. This
comprehensive Website has 9 areas: 5 A Day Prgoram, CD-ROM, Nutrition Center, Fan Mail,
Fun Stuff, 5 A Day at School, Newsroom, and Dole.
- DynoTech Software Home
- Windows educational games for children ages 5-12. Dino Match, Dino
Numbers, and Dino Spell.
Program for Gifted Youth (EPGY)
Resources on the net
- Offers descriptions and links to over 2000 education resources
categorised by subject.
- Educational Free Loan
Videos (Canada Only)
- Distribution of Free Loan Videos for Schools, Clubs, Businesses,
Community Groups, etc. Contact for Catalogue http://www.lm-media.com/videos/
Games for Education in Math and Science
- A collaborative effort by scientits ,educators, and professional
video game and software developers who have come together to do research on and develop
teaching materials that integrate video games and computer based explorations with
existing classroom practices.
- Engines for Education
- Engines is a "hyper-book" written by Roger Schank,
Director of the Institute for the Learning Sciences at Northwestern University, and Chip
Cleary, a graduate student of Dr. Schank, about what's wrong with the education system,
how to reform it, and especially, about the role of educational technology in that reform.
Clearinghouse for Social Studies/Social Science Education Home Page
- The ERIC Clearinghouse for Social Studies/Social Science Education
(ERIC/ChESS) WWW Site depicts the services of ERIC/ChESS and guides users to valuable
internet resources in social studies education.
Clearinghouse on Reading, English, and Communication
- ETNI - English Teachers
Network in Israel
- ETNI (once known as IETN) is run solely by teachers in the aim of
using the Internet as a tool to redefine many areas of teaching and learning and create a
forum through which teachers work together and think together.
- Evelyn Clarke Mott :
Children's Book Author and Illustrator
- Children's book author and illustrator, Evelyn Clarke Mott. Fun
and educational school visits, books, assembly programs, appearances, lesson plans, and
writing workshop. Titles include Hot Dog, Cool Cat, Dancing Rainbows -- A Pueblo Indian
Boy's Story, and Steam Train Ride.
- FUN (Frizzy University
- Frizzy University Network (FUN) is a relaxed and comfortable
environment in which students learning English as a foreign or second language (EFL/ESL)
can improve their writing. FUN students explore, discover and share their ideas, opinions
and feelings in written English without the pressure of working for grades or credit.
Here, students are motivated from within to learn and have FUN in the process!
Entomological Home Page
- An interactive site for assistance to teachers and pupils on
Mini-Beasts, + Data base of relevent organisations, mostly British at the moment
- A Macintosh gradebook program which has the features teachers need
and is very easy to learn and use.
- Grading Program for
Teachers: Grade Point
- Grade Point simplifies many time-consuming tasks that get in the
way of teaching. Your work becomes easier and faster. Creates progress reports, summaries,
checklists, rosters, phone lists, address lists, mailing labels, missing assignment
summaries, flexible remedial groups, more. Translates reports to Spanish. Simple data
entry. Easy data backup. Customize records and data to suit your needs. Free evaluation
period with a fully-functioning copy. Toll-free ordering and customer support. Friendly
price and upgrade policy.
- Huntsville City
School's Home Page
- I compiled this list for the Huntsville City Schools in
Huntsville, Alabama. It contains many educational links.
- I*EARN (International
Education And Resource Network)
- I*EARN is a K-12 educational telecommunicationsn network linking
students and teachers in over 20 countries to enable them to work on collaborative
projects designed to make a difference in the health and welfare of the planet. I*EARN
projects are all curriculum-based and seek to apply the learning gained in global,
national and local issues.
- IEA - International
Association for the Evaluation of Educational Achievement
- International comparative research, assessment and monitoring
(survey) of education systems: policy, processes, curriculum, outcomes (achievement,
attitudes). Mathematics, science, reading, foreign languages, computers. Data, electronic
- IETN -
Israeli English Teachers Network on Snunit
- IETN is an Israeli English Teachers Network designed to provide a
professional support group for teachers in Israel and help ease teachers into the world of
the Internet. Many teachers from other countries also use this resource. It is found on
the Snunit server of the Hebrew University in Jerusalem, Israel.
- International House -
International Language Centres
- Major UK-based group. Britain, Ireland, France, Czech Republic,
USA, etc. ESL/EFL and other language courses, RSA Cambridge TEFL training, ELT bookshop
and mail-order, vacation centres, study tours, company training programmes. Recognised by
the British Council. Member of ARELS.
- Irwin Publishing
- Canadian Educational Publisher with resources for K - 12 and Post
Secondary Education. Titles include multimedia software.
- JazzKids Home Page
- JazzKids is a unique approach to music education for children and
their parents. This page will be adding a theory section, as well as the online band!
- K-12 WebSite for Busy Teachers
- This site is organized by subject area and contains annotated
links to direct source material sites. Designed for the K-12 educator with little time for
surfing or one who is just starting Internet travels.
- K-5 CyberTrail
- THE K-5 CYBERTRAIL http://www.wmht.org/trail/ Join Syd the
CyberGuide for a tour of educational resources on the Web at the K-5 CYBERTRAIL! A
tutorial for elementary teachers who are new to the Internet, the K-5 CyberTrail features
elementary schools on the Web on the "Tenderfoot Trail", and curriculum
resources for elementary educators on the "Explorer Trail". The Web site was
developed by public broadcaster WMHT of New York's Capital Region as part of the
Corporation for Public Broadcasting K-12 Internet Testbed Project. Local partners include
the Greater Capital Region Teacher Center, Troy Public School 14, and RPI. Point your
browser at http://www.wmht.org/trail/ Happy trails!
- KidsCom - A Communications
Playground for Kids
- KidsCom, a communication playground for children ages 8-12 is up
and running. Kids can find key pals, get help with Internet questions from an Internet
guru, talk about what they'd like to be when they grow up, explore links to other
children's sites, enter sweepstakes to win prizes, and give feedback on what they'd like
to see and do on the Internet. http://www.spectracom.com/kidscom/ For more info, please
- KidsViews is a website for student-centered learned and thinking.
The content for KidsViews (the pictures and words) is made interactively by children from
all over the world. KidsViews editors are students from Monterey School, Victoria, BC,
Canada. The design and construction of KidsViews is by a Victoria educator. This website
is sponsored by the Extended Media Lab of the Faculty of Fine Arts at U.Vic. Creative
submissions are most welcome!
- La dictee
- La DICTEE PROGRESSIVE (livre et logiciel) est un jeu pour
maitriser orthographe et grammaire. Inclus : aide, competition, progression dans les
difficultes. Niveaux : primaire a secondaire (8-16 ans)
- Language Tune-Up Kit At Home
- Multimedia phonics reading and spelling software on CD-ROM for
Windows! Uses the Orton-Gillingham method for children, adults, teens, dyslexics, and
special education, illiterate, and ESL students and those with learning disabilities.
- Learning Links
- The only source teachers need for literature-based reading
programs - books, study guides and more. Pioneers in publishing study guides
(Novel-Ties) for novels and picture books.
- Leo Financial Aid
- Scholarships, Fellowships, Grants and Awards. Free college money.
L.F.A.S. is your one-stop scholarship search place with nearly 400,000 sources of
financial aid to search from.
- Les Etats generaux sur
- The province of quebec is presently conducting a large plublic
debate on it's education system. The government provides this site. Includes several
documents submitted by groups and individuals.
- LittleFingers Software
- LittleFingers Software offers quality educational MacIntosh
shareware for children of all ages - download shareware from this site!
- We have an extensive collection of shareware, public domain and
freeware software for education. We have programs for Apple II, Macintosh, Windows (3.1
for the education "antitetradia tis ekpaedefsis
- Written by educationers coming from of scales of education in
Hellas (Greece) it is the magazine that educationers read more than anything else in
Greece. You can find plenty of statistic tables concerning education in Hellas. The texts
are in Hellenic language but engilsh translations are on their way!
- High School Math software for Windows and Macintosh Full year of
courseware for Geometry Algebra:Exponents, Roots and Radicals
- Mother Caroline Academy
- Mother Caroline Academy is a small, Catholic, all-girls school
serving underprivileged families in Dorchester, Massachusetts.
- Moving Images
Distribution: Educational Video Catalogue
- Moving Images Distribution is the largest distributor of Canadian
independent productions in western Canada of educational film and video resources. This
includes Documentary, drama, animation and educational programs on cross-cultural to
social issues, media education to health, Canadian history to environment, native culture
to fine arts.
- National Atlas Information
- The National Atlas Information Service (NAIS)
(http://www-nais.ccm.emr.ca/) "Gateway to Geographic Information in Canada is
providing global access to a range of Canadian geographical information . With this
service, researchers, students, teachers, universities, and businesses have instant access
to Canadian maps and major national data bases in digital form. The National SchoolNet
Atlas is a new initiative of NAIS is part of Canada's SchoolNet , a major government
initiative to link 16,000 schools and over one thousand rural and aboriginal communities
to the electronic highway.The NationalSchoolnet Atlas (
http://www-nais.ccm.emr.ca/schoolnet/) provides students, teachers and researchers with a
tool to view and download maps of Canada, create their own maps, study hot topics/isues
and access and map information from major national data bases. International participation
in the development of this interactive learning tool is encouraged. ³OUR HOME² Atlas of
Canadian Communities is part of NAIS: students from over 100 schools across Canada build
their own electronic atlas of Canada, describing the good and the bad things about their
communities, history , geography, origin of names and maps. ³ Our Home² (
http://ellesmere.ccm.emr.ca/ourhome/ ) provides a multi-cultural crossection of urban,
rural and aboriginal communities as seen through the eyes of kids that live there. The
National Atlas Information Service WWW initiatives have been acclaimed by the media and
Treasury Board as examples of the most useful government services available on the
- National Energy Foundation
- NEF, one of the nation's premier nonprofit developers of energy,
natural resource, and environmental education materials and programs, is pleased to make
these resources more accessible to Internet users. Using the latest technologies afforded
users of the Internet, NEF's Internet-version of the catalog includes full-color, high
resolution images of all NEF educational materials, along with product descriptions and
other information. Users who access the site can even place orders directly from the
- Pan-Educational Institute
- Searchable database of over 500 lesson plans and other educational
resources relating to K-12.
- Pat's Cats
- Ideas, information for a cat unit, bibliography of cat resources,
student writing and pictures.
- Peterson's Education Center
- The Gateway to Educational and Lifelong Learning Resources
- Platypus Family Playroom
- techno-savvy interactive educational puzzles, activities, reading
- Prairie Valley
Community School District
- This is the official server site for the Prairie Valley Community
School District. This site also is the official server site for the Iowa Association of
School Boards, whose information is updated and maintained by the High School students at
National Mission Programs-Software to Go
- The definitive source of evaluation information for parents and
educators of deaf and hard of hearing learners. Provided as a service of Pre-College
National Mission Programs, Gallaudet University.
- Private School Resource
- A quarterly magazine on line that maintains an on-going data base
of private schools
- Project LEAP
(Learn Earn and Prosper)
- Project LEAP is America's award winning distance learning literacy
program which is now being made available nationally via satellite. LEAP was recently
selected "Best in Programming" by the International Distance Learning Conference
and U.S. Distance Learning Association. Produced by The University of Mississippi, LEAP
and SNAP (Satellite Network Alternative Program) is providing basic skills, GED, job
skills and life-coping skills to a wide range of programs including literacy programs,
family literacy, workplace literacy, Head Start, secondary schools, "at risk"
youth and correctional institutions.
- Reed Interactive
- Provides resources on current affairs for the k12 community, as
well as online projects, keypals, and space for schools to publish their work. Also
included is a bookshop with an expanding collection of Australian authors, and first
chapters from their books.
MacKinnon's Teacher Resources
- This page has extensive links to many useful sites for teacher
resources. The sites could be helpful to teachers or education students.
Hall-St. Mark's School
- A private, college preparatory school in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- San Jose Education Network/East Side
Union High School
- SJEN is presently the nation's largest online network of public
schools. SJEN is a two year old consortium of Silicon Valley businesses, San Jose City and
public schools around Santa Clara County. About a dozen schools presently have a direct
connection to the internet and dozens more are on the verge of being added to the network.
The goal this year is to link as many surronding district servers to the county server,
kept at the Occupational Center of Santa Clara County..
- Sanders Compendium
- History and Learning to read English with Phonics section. Also
museums in northern New England.
- Schersten Mathematics
- Tom Schersten is an educational consultant on K-12 Mathematics
Curriculum, doing teacher-training through residencies with demonstration teaching,
graduate courses, and workshops in problem solving and manipulative approaches to teaching
the concepts and skills of mathematics, consistent with the NCTM Standards.
- Science and Mathematics
- Programs and resources for K-12 science and mathematics teachers.
Primarily intended for teachers in North Carolina. On-line workshops will be offered soon.
- Scuola.com: schools in Italy
- The new always changing and evolving site for the Italian High
Schools! Come and visit us.
- SofTech Multimedia,
- Musical Education software using multimedia.
- Southeastern Regional
Education Service Center (SERESC)
- We are a non-profit k-12 education collaborative serving schools,
students, educators and families in New Hampshire. Our Web site features information about
education issues, our newsletters and current projects plus links to more than 40
*student-safe* sites on the Web. These links are categorized as Education, Government,
Grant Information, Museums, Libraries and Miscellaneous.
- Southwest Educational Development
- Repository of K-12 educational reform resources and related links
with national network of regional educational laboratories and government education
agencies in the U.S.
- A series of gifs showing nature's structural elements, all of
which have internodal lengths being proportional to the three relative elemental lengths
of unity,square root of 2 and Tau (((square root of 5) + 1)/ 2).
- Study Guides International
- We sell Study Guides covering areas of Language Arts, Math,
Foriegn Languages, Science, First Aid. Each Study Guide contains hundreds of rules,
examples, and definitions.
- TEAMS Distance Learning
- Our purpose is to support and enhance K-12 instruction by
providing Internet information, educational resources, and collaborative projects that
foster authentic research in the classroom.
- Technology and Learning
- Technology and Learning Online is the WWW meeting place for
educators and parents interested in educational technology. The site features a
comprehensive, easily searchable database of educational software reviews, online course
registration with conferencing, information about the Magazine's current issue, a calendar
of upcoming events and more.
- THA Media
Distributors: Educational Video Catalogue
- THA Media has developed a excellent educational resource this site
is for educators to search their extensive educational video catalogue. THA has
Educational Video Resources for all ages including Documentaries on Global, Environmental,
- The ASCD Web
- The Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD)
Provides staff development, informational materials for teachers and administrators. Main
journal is "Educational Leadership" Online newsletter - Education Bulletin
World-wide Affiliates. Main emphasis - K-12
- The Critical Thinking
- Critical Thinking Community promotes interdisciplinary educational
reform. Central to its books, conferences, assessment systems tools, and workshops is the
promotion of quality reasoning, writing, and reading for K-12 and Universities.
- Teach your students how to draw in 3-D the fun and creative way
using 44 video lessons. The lessons are based on the book titled "Mark Kistler's Draw
Squad" and on the popular public TV series called "The Secret City
Adventures" from the mid 1980's.
- The Educational
- A searchable database of educational software.
- The Electronic School is a publication for all K-12 schoolleaders
and educators who are striving to enhance studentlearning through the judicious and
appropriate use oftechnology.
- The Environmental
- The Environmental Education Network is a clearinghouse of all
environmental education materials available on the Internet. This system is maintained by
the EnviroLink Network in a joint partnership with the H. John Heinz III School of Public
Policy and Management.
Journal of Mind and Behavior
- I have a new URL that the WWW Virtual Library: Education will be
interested in including a pointer to under Journals: The Journal of Mind and Behavior
http://kramer.ume.maine.edu/~jmb/welcome.html Description: The Journal of Mind and
Behavior is an educational and professional journal dedicated to the interdisciplinary
approach within psychology and related fields - building upon the assumption of a unified
science. JMB is interested in: the psychology, philosophy, and sociology of
experimentation and the scientific method; the relationship between methodology,
operationism, and theory construction; the mind/body problem in the social sciences,
psychiatry and the medical sciences, and the physical sciences; philosophical impact of a
mind/body epistemology upon psychology and its theories of consciousness;
phenomenological, teleological, existential, and introspective reports relevant to
psychology, psychosical methodology, and social philosophy; and historical perspecives on
the course and nature of psychological science. Please feel free to contact me if you have
any questions. David Allie Liaison for Computer Technology The Journal of Mind and
- The Learning Oasis
- The purpose of the Learning Oasis web site is to provide K-12
students and teachers with some of the best educational resources available on the
internet. The Learning Oasis also serves the technical and sales needs of Pierian Spring
- The MAD SCIENTIST
- An interactive and WWW-based 'Ask A Scientist' interface. The
network is staffed and run by the students, faculty and staff at Washington University and
Washington University Medical School in St. Louis. Questions may be submitted via email or
directly through the WWW.
- The NoodleHead Network
- The NoodleHead Network is an award winning company based in
Burlington, Vermont. We produce, market, and distribute children's educational videotapes
from a child's perspective. Our goal is to give kids a voice by helping them make videos
on issues that are important to them. Kid's play an integral role in the creation of each
tape- from script development, to acting, to editing. Then, a group of "ex-kid"
writers, producers and educators translate those ideas into unique videos that educate and
- The Oryx Press
- The Oryx Press, a Phoenix-based information publisher, in
conjunction with the American Council on Education (ACE), offers a wide variety of
faculty, administration, and library resources for the higher education market, as well as
teacher, media specialist, and school librarian resources for the K-12 curriculum. The
ACE/Oryx Series on Higher Education catalog is available on the Web site, supplemented
with author biographies and reviews.
- The Special Needs Education
Network Home Page
- The Special Needs Education Network is a SchoolNetservice
providing Internet resources to parents, teachers,and organizations involved in special
needs education.Available resources include Gopher, Mailing Lists, and acomprehensive
World Wide Web Resources directory.
- The Virtual English Language
- The Virtual English Language Center is an online resource for
students and teachers of English as a second or foreign language. We currently offer The
Weekly Idiom, Fluency Through Fables, and the E-mail Pen Pal Connection.
- The Young Scientist
- The Young Scientist Program is a program dedicated to increasing
the science awareness and literacy of area K12 students. The program is staffed and run by
graduate and medical students at Washington Univerity Medical School in St. Louis.
Projects include a summer research internship for students, one-on-one tutoring, and
'teaching teams' of students who go to local high schools to give interactive science
- The Zooary
- The Zooary is a zoological resource for teachers and students. It
was created January 1996 and is maintained by a high school biology teacher and her
ecology students. It provides information and pictures on the 50+ animals her the
classroom zoo the Zooary. It also provides teachers with activities usian
animals,information on zoological careers, guides on how to maintian animals in the
classroom and Jr Zoologist Quiz and other links of interest to teachers. Visitors are
encouraged to interact with the students maintaining the pages
(Way Cool) Middle School
- A site for the parents, students, and staff of Thompson Middle
School. Photos, bulletins, and general information - everything you need to know about
- A Kids/Fun/Educational interactive site with the emphasis on kids'
active participation in creativity--art, writing, opinions, homepages and more! Geared
towards elementary grades, of note to teachers, is an on-line story map to help teach
short story structure.
- Tossed Salad Productions
- HEALTHY HERB, the "watermelon" wacky
"eggplant" ambassador of children's fitness and "nutmeg" nutrition,
downloadable coloring pages, cartoons, story book, video clips, virtual health playground,
- Total Reading
- Publisher of books and other materials for teaching
reading/language arts in the Primary Grades, K-4. Also hold workshops.
- U.S. Department of Education
- Unmixed Messages - Strategies for
Equitable Science Education
- An hands-on science activity resource for teachers of elementary
school children. The publication contains a series of activities as well as a section on
specific teaching strategies.
Geological Survey - Education
- Vikings resources
on the web
- Links to loads of educational resources related to Viking history
and culture, maintained by The World of the Vikings Project
- Web Sites and Resources
- A collection of sites useful to K-6 teachers and kids with a focus
on different curriculum areas.
- Welcome to thomson.com
- thomson.com is International Thomson Publishing's (ITP)
mega-information kiosk providing immediate access to the vast array of learning-related
products and services from the ITP family of publishers, including many well-known
imprints. Extensive Web or Gopher site includes searchable database of more than 20,000
education, scientific, reference, engineering, technical and business products (growing
all the time), as well as discipline-specific resource centers, electronic discussion
lists, and on-line supplements to products.
- Western Australian
Education site for teachers
- This site is intended to provide teachers/educators with
information/resources on educational issues in W.A. It also contains links to national and
international educational resources.
- World Wide Kids
- World Wide Kids is a program designed for elementary/middle school
students. The purpose of the program is to give kids a positive directed way to learn
about the internet, US History, geography, and increase reading comprehension. Played like
a game, World Wide Kids gives kids additional incentive to learn by giving away prizes in
our monthly savings bond drawing. Great resource for teachers new to the net and looking
for a way to give their kids a fun way to learn.
- Yaroslavl State University
- This is WWW server of Yaroslavl State University. University's
home page is written in Russian.
- Youth Change Web Site
- See and get powerful interventions to turnaround troubled youth.
- Youth In Action
- An environmental and human rights action center for students,
teachers and organizations. It offers interactive petitions, surveys, fundraising and
lobbying, with links to hundreds of media and government contacts around the world.