All the Sites about Secondary
Education we know.
¼ëåò ïé ó÷åôéêÝò ìå
ôçí ÄåõôåñïâÜèìéá åêðáßäåõóç óåëßäåò ðïõ
From "The World-Wide Web Virtual
Secondary School links
- ATS is a college outreach program which offers talent development
opportunities to middle school age students in northern California. The history of ATS is
one of dedication to offering appropriate scholastic services to meet student needs.
- The Academic Talent Search (ATS) program at California State
University, Sacramento provides alternative educational opportunities to highly able and
motivated students in grades six through nine. ATS is a college outreach program which
offers talent development opportunities to middle school age students in the greater
- ACT's Digital Education Network
- DEN offers interactive online courses for teens. Explore areas
such as math, computer graphics, current events and the Internet. Register to become a DEN
member for FREE! Members can keep a personal progress report, participate in online
discussion groups, submit work to DEN and enter DEN contests to win great prizes! Visit
DEN at http://www.actden.com
Directory ON Line (ADOL)
- The Adolescence Directory On-Line (ADOL) is an electronic guide to
information regarding adolescent issues and secondary education. This collection of
electronic resources is intended for parents, educators, researchers, health
practitioners, and teens.
- Advanced Computer Tutoring
- The site contains information about our research on the ACT
(Adaptive Control of Thought) Architecture of Cognition. There are links to the software
for running cognitive models in ACT and you can read the manual on-line. There are home
pages for members of the group and some of their papers. There is also information on the
Advanced Computer Tutoring Project and the new Pittsburgh Area Cognitive Tutoring Center.
You can learn about our intelligent computer tutors that are being used to teach 9th grade
algebra in the Pittsburgh Public School System.
- Adventures in Education
- Information for students, parents, teachers, counselors and
financial aid officers about career planning, school selection and college funding
presented by Texas Guaranteed Student Loan Corporation with Texas schools and lenders.
- AFS International Student Exchanges
- An Exchange organisation for school students wishing to live and
attend school in another country for up to twelve months.
- Allied Video Corporation
- An online catalog of our educational products. Allied Video
produces top quality, affordable educational videos, software, and CD-ROMs in math,
science, music, and sports. Our programs consistently receive excellent rating from
professional reviewing organizations. Designed to provide information about our
educational products, provide a method to receive feedback from customers, as well as an
online ordering service.
- Alpine Valley
- AVS is a K-12 Independent day school located in Metro Denver. AVS
is based on freedom, equality, trust and respect. The students completely design their own
education and participate in governing the school.
- America's Heroes
and YOU Curriculum
- AMERICA'S HEROES AND YOU, a new curriculum for elementary and
middle school students, focuses on the lives of eleven American heroes to foster
citizenship and offer positive role models for principals, teachers and students. The
curriculum highlights the achievements of heroes like Thomas Jefferson, Eleanor Roosevelt,
Sojourner Truth, Cesar Chavez and Martin Luther King, Jr., and describes how each of their
lives exemplified one heroic quality - such as courage, determination, self reliance,
problem solving or self giving.
- American Association of School
- The American Association of School Administrators is the
professional organization for over 16,000 education leaders.
- American Home-School
- American Home School Publishing maintains the finest catalog of
Home Schooling materials available. This catalog is now available online with full color
digitized photos and detailed descriptions for most of the over 1200 available resources.
University School of Education
- The Schol of Education offers both graduat and undergraduate
programs, some offering certification in the District of Columbia. Programs include
undergraduat major and minor, M.A., M.A.T., and PhD in various subjects
Randstedelijk Opleidingen Centrum
- Het Randstedelijk Opleidingen Centrum is een multisectorale school
voor leerlingwezen, vormingswerk en beroepsgerichte volwassenen educatie.
- APICNET (Asia Pacific Interactive Communication NETwork), a
network for international cooperation, communication and understanding, has set up a web
site offering information about its online educational projects, member schools and
educational resources. It also features a page on Information about Japan for foreigners
and "Global Citizen Square," where APICNET hosts WWW pages for public
organizations, non-profit organizations, and groups which provide public-oriented
- Appetizers and
Lessons for Math and Reason
- This online classroom offers appetizers and lessons for math from
arithmetic to calculus or why slopes; for deductive reason (logic) and critical thinking;
and for learning in general. Included here are opinions on the communication of skills and
mathematics instruction. The logic appetizers are math free. Each appetizer is different.
If one is not to your liking try another. Most are from three books on understanding and
explaining math and reason.
School Web Page
- A private school for learning disabled students, specializing in
research towards improving specific brain areas to enable the student to reach her/his
- Assistive Technology
for Special Needs - LAB Resources
- LAB Resources is a World-Wide-Web based Internet
businessspecializing in assistive technology for special needs. Ourgoal is to offer the
finest educational and therapeutic technology for both Macintosh and PC computers as well
astraining classes on the use of that technology.
- Aunt Annie's Craft Page
- Featuring a new craft project every week! The emphasis of this
page is on learning, creativity and problem-solving, while having the fun of doing crafts.
Each craft project has a variety of designs, patterns to print, and illustrated
instructions. There are links to related sites, and suggested books for further reading.
Free craft software to download.
- Experience a virtual tour of Questacon's hands-on exhibitions, try
some fascinating activities at school or at home, solve challenges and puzzles. Learn
about Questacon's programs for people of all ages across Australia and in the Asia-Pacific
region to experience the fun and fascination of science - the hands-on, minds-on way!
- Australian Education
- The AUSTRALIAN EDUCATION OFFICE is the official representative of
Australian universities in North America. This major site provides extensive information
and links related to study abroad programs, direct student exchange and independent
enrollment in Australia. It should be consulted by all students, parents and faculty
considering overseas educational opportunities.
- B.C. Public School Employers'
Association - BCPSEA ONLINE
- The British Columbia Public School Employers’ Association is the
employers’ association for all 75 public school boards in the province.
- Bank Street College Home Page
- A resource for Academia dedicated to internetwork knowledge
- Breaking Free Association is a library of educational
andself-improvment software titles and books. From speedreading to public presentations,
through improving yourmemory... you will find it all here. This is a must-visitplace for
any student. We welcome you at this Web Pageat any time.
- Brillar Enterprises
- Brillar Enterprises is a company designed by educators for
educators. As of right now we sell discount educational CD-ROM's with plans to have a
blue-chip lesson plan post area in the near future.
- British Columbia Teachers'
- Pedagogical information, especially related to English as a Second
Language and Mainstreaming/Inclusion. Also current issues related to teacher bargaining in
- Britain's largest business education network, supporting
curriculum and staff development in all areas of business education and training. You can
view details of high quality teaching and learning resources and down-load exemplar
materials. Also details of customised training programmes, consultancy and research
offered by this network.
- Bytes & Pieces On-Line
- Bytes & Pieces On-Line
- California Education Law
- The California Education Law Report is a monthly newsletter
covering the latest cases, issues and news in the field of schools and the law. Written
and published by an attorney, CELR covers California and the nation with emphasis on
special education. Our home page features a review of the current issue and a collection
of articles form the past year.
- CAREERS CONSULTANTS
- PROVIDER OF ADVICE, GUIDANCE AND INFORMATION TO INDIVIDUALS IN THE
U.K. OR THOSE WISHING TO STUDY IN YHE U.K. FROM OVERSEAS,
- Center for Applied Research in
- CARE is a unit of the University of Texas engaged in applied
research on school quality improvement, reform, restructuring and re-engineering. CARE
publishes the International Journal: Continuous Improvement Monitor and up-to-date
information on school reform programs.
- Center for Education Reform
- The Center for Education Reform is a national, non-profit
education advocacy group providing resources, support and guidance to communities involved
in school improvement across the United States. Issues include: standards and testing,
accountability, governance, school finance, school choice, entrepreneurial activity and
public/private partnerships, charter schools, private contracting, school board policy,
state and federal education legislation, etc.
- Center for Talented Youth
(CTY) - JohnsHopkins Universityy
- channel 4
- Listings and descriptions of educational television programmes for
UK schools. Jobs for teachers.
of a workable SCHOOL CHOICE plan - not a voucher
- Common sense School Choice objectives, and links to simplified
Literature Web Guide
- The Children's Literature Web Guide is a World-Wide Web directory
to Internet resources for Children's and Young Adult Literature. It provides access to
Children's Literature announcements and awards lists, lists of recommended books, topical
bibliographies, lesson plans, the full text of out-of-copyright children's
"classics," information about a wide variety of children's authors, and more.
- Children's Shareware Pages
- Children's Shareware for the Mac and PC - read descriptions,
download directly from the pages, visit web sites with screen shots and detailed info.
Also area for reviews of commercial children's software and demos.
- Children's stress
- This is a audio program used in schools, hospitals and by
therapists which helps children change negative behaviors and offers coping skills.This
program helps children develop what is called "emotional intelligence" and has
been found to be effective with all children in helping them deal with upsetting
situations and ways to gain self control, impulse control, delay gratification, etc.
League for Environmental Action
- CLEAR is a non-profit site where educators and youth groups can
get environmental educational videos and software. The videos are geared mostly to the
K-12 audience. Most are public domain and are free for the asking. The site also has
environmental software geared mostly to community use. These programs are highly
interactive and are also free for the asking.
- Classroom Connect
- An organization providing tools to K12 educators who use the
Internet in the classroom.
- Collegiate Care Research
Assistance - Model Research and Term Papers
- Collegiate Care provides quality model research and term papers to
student's world-wide. Call 1-888-44-REPORTS or visit our site at
- Columbus Connection
- Special Educator's site from Rosemont School; offering The Pen Pal
Exchange, Educational links for "Electronic Field Trips, and more.
- Commission scolaire des
- This is a web created by students from Quebec, Canada.You can find
articles made by students and you can get informations about all the schools in the
Commission scolaire des Decouvreurs.
- Complete Source for Financing
Education - Student Loans
- Offers an array of innovative student loan, computer loan and
consolidatio programs to provide one-stop shopping for financial aid alternatives for
college and private high school.
- We maintain a public domain repository of complex systems
information and software on ANU's BioGopher Server and a mailing list on complex systems.
The hypermedia journal Complexity International publishes papers of original, previously
unpublished work in the field of complex systems.
- Computers in the
- This site provides helpful information on integrating technology
into the classroom. The pages provide on-line instruction to using technology for
management of classroom chores, as well as using technology for instruction.
- Concordia Language Villages is a language-based cultural immersion
program for students ages 7-18. Ten different languages are offered: Chinese, Danish,
Finnish, French, German, Japanese, Norwegian, Russian, Spanish, and Swedish.
- Sponsored by Vassar College, CoolSchool presents an extensive
collection of links for high school students and their teachers, arranged in four
categories: Academics (go to class), extracurricular activities (hang out), college search
(SAT etc) and teaching aids (teachers' lounge). The academic category is subcategorized
alon g disciplinary lines--art, music, literature, social studies, biology, and the like.
Vassar launched the CoolSchool to showcase outstanding educational sites on the World Wide
Web and to provide a service to high school students and their teachers. Julia
Posner,CoolSchool Director Box 9 Vassar College Poughkeepsie, N.Y. 12604-0009 914-437-7403
- Council of the Great City Schools
- A non-profit organization representing the nation's largest public
- Council on Undergraduate
- The national organization headed up by Dr. John Stevens at the
University of N.C. - Asheville. Undergraduate research is fast becoming the trend for
institutions around the country. The National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR)
is organized by CUR every year.
- Course Technology
- Changing the way people learn and teach about information systems
in higher education.
- CyberSchool Magazine
- CyberSchool Magazine is an education resource for teachers,
students and parents.
- Das World Wide
Web als Lern- und Lehrhilfe am Gymnasium
- Ziel dieser www-Seite wird es sein, Informationen
zusammenzutragen, die die Organisation facherubergreifenden Unterrichts erleichtert.
Hierzu gehoren die Offnungszeiten von Museen, Erfahrungsberichte von Exkursionen,
Projektvorschlage und vieles mehr. Wenn das angesammelte Material es erfordert, wird die
Information nach geographischen und inhaltlichen Gesichtspunkten weiter aufgeteilt werden.
Sie konnen von Ihnen im WWW aufgefundene Quellen automatisch in die vorhandenen Listen
(bisher vier Sachgebiete) integrieren. Noch besser ware die Bereitstellung bzw.
Verknupfung eigener www-Seiten. Da dies die Existenz eines eigenen Schulservers erfordert,
werden hier Hilfestellungen zur Einrichtung eines Servers gegeben.
- Data Projections Inc
- World's largest provider of data/video projection devices. Offers
dPict Infocus nview Sharp Proxima Barco Dukane Elmo
- Deafax -
Communication and Technology for Deaf People
- The aim of Deafax is to improve the communication skills of deaf
and hearing people by using technology and other methods.We are a registered charity
providing training in schools to enable deaf children to improve their communication and
literacy.We are building a Fun Directory of children and others wishing to
"chat" on the Internet about their hobbies and interests.
- Eastchester Middle School
- We provide information about Eastchester Middle School (EMS), as
well as links of interest to other middle school students and teachers. We've included a
lengthy list of web lists of interest to kids!
- The Eatonville Middle School Home Page contains the latest school
newspaper, a list of the staff (and their E-Mail addresses), and breif descriptions of the
most current school events.
- EDLAW, Inc.
- Full texts of Federal statutes and regulations governing provision
of special education in the United States; analysis of and comment on policy by U.S.
Department of Education and U.S. Federal and state courts,
- Education Network of Australia
- EdNA is an AUstralian Web project to coordinate the use of
interactive computer networks for educational purposes by State Governments,
non-Government schools, the vocational education and training (VET) sector, the higher
education sector and the more informal adult and community education sectors.
Program for Gifted Youth (EPGY)
Resources on the net
- Offers descriptions and links to over 2000 education resources
categorised by subject.
- Educational Free Loan
Videos (Canada Only)
- Distribution of Free Loan Videos for Schools, Clubs, Businesses,
Community Groups, etc. Contact for Catalogue http://www.lm-media.com/videos/
- Electric Tours Corporation
- Multimedia High School and University yearbooks published on
CD-ROM. Mac and Windows compatible CD's to supplement the printed yearbook with sounds,
video and color.
- Engines for Education
- Engines is a "hyper-book" written by Roger Schank,
Director of the Institute for the Learning Sciences at Northwestern University, and Chip
Cleary, a graduate student of Dr. Schank, about what's wrong with the education system,
how to reform it, and especially, about the role of educational technology in that reform.
Clearinghouse for Social Studies/Social Science Education Home Page
- The ERIC Clearinghouse for Social Studies/Social Science Education
(ERIC/ChESS) WWW Site depicts the services of ERIC/ChESS and guides users to valuable
internet resources in social studies education.
Clearinghouse on Reading, English, and Communication
- ETNI - English Teachers
Network in Israel
- ETNI (once known as IETN) is run solely by teachers in the aim of
using the Internet as a tool to redefine many areas of teaching and learning and create a
forum through which teachers work together and think together.
- Evelyn Clarke Mott :
Children's Book Author and Illustrator
- Children's book author and illustrator, Evelyn Clarke Mott. Fun
and educational school visits, books, assembly programs, appearances, lesson plans, and
writing workshop. Titles include Hot Dog, Cool Cat, Dancing Rainbows -- A Pueblo Indian
Boy's Story, and Steam Train Ride.
- Fayetteville Manlius Web
- The Fayetteville Manlius High School is presenting a hypermedia
project centering around the ceramics curriculum.
- FUN (Frizzy University
- Frizzy University Network (FUN) is a relaxed and comfortable
environment in which students learning English as a foreign or second language (EFL/ESL)
can improve their writing. FUN students explore, discover and share their ideas, opinions
and feelings in written English without the pressure of working for grades or credit.
Here, students are motivated from within to learn and have FUN in the process!
Lesbian, and Straight Teachers Network -Cleveland Chapter
- A national organization composed of active local chapters of
members and volunteers working to create safe space for gay, lesbian, and bisexual youth.
Members and volunteers include teachers, counselors, social workers, psychologists, and
other youth-oriented individuals.
- GCSE Answers
- Information, advice, tutorials and tips on GCSE English and GCSE
Mathematics for GCSE students, parents and teachers.
Entomological Home Page
- An interactive site for assistance to teachers and pupils on
Mini-Beasts, + Data base of relevent organisations, mostly British at the moment
- A Macintosh gradebook program which has the features teachers need
and is very easy to learn and use.
- Grading Program for
Teachers: Grade Point
- Grade Point simplifies many time-consuming tasks that get in the
way of teaching. Your work becomes easier and faster. Creates progress reports, summaries,
checklists, rosters, phone lists, address lists, mailing labels, missing assignment
summaries, flexible remedial groups, more. Translates reports to Spanish. Simple data
entry. Easy data backup. Customize records and data to suit your needs. Free evaluation
period with a fully-functioning copy. Toll-free ordering and customer support. Friendly
price and upgrade policy.
- Hargrave Military Academy
- An independent, Baptist affiliated boys' boarding school located
in southern Virginia. Established in 1909, Hargrave has a long and proud tradition of
educating young people. The Academy has the distinguished honor of being one of the 22
schools in the nation to maintain 75 years of continuous accreditation with the Southern
Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Hart High School
- Vibrant new high school sight with lots to offer to both students
School Counselor's Resource Page
- Listings of free services such as a scholarship search, SAT
preparation test, and information about choosing the right college.
Springs High School
- HSHS on the WWW
- Huntsville City
School's Home Page
- I compiled this list for the Huntsville City Schools in
Huntsville, Alabama. It contains many educational links.
- I*EARN (International
Education And Resource Network)
- I*EARN is a K-12 educational telecommunicationsn network linking
students and teachers in over 20 countries to enable them to work on collaborative
projects designed to make a difference in the health and welfare of the planet. I*EARN
projects are all curriculum-based and seek to apply the learning gained in global,
national and local issues.
- I.T.S. Citta' del Tricolore Reggio
- Italian Secondary School
- IEA - International
Association for the Evaluation of Educational Achievement
- International comparative research, assessment and monitoring
(survey) of education systems: policy, processes, curriculum, outcomes (achievement,
attitudes). Mathematics, science, reading, foreign languages, computers. Data, electronic
- IETN -
Israeli English Teachers Network on Snunit
- IETN is an Israeli English Teachers Network designed to provide a
professional support group for teachers in Israel and help ease teachers into the world of
the Internet. Many teachers from other countries also use this resource. It is found on
the Snunit server of the Hebrew University in Jerusalem, Israel.
- In Motion
- In Motion Magazine is a multicultural, English / Spanish, online
U.S. publication which promotes grassroots organizing and politics, as well as art for
social change among communities of color and working people. Inludes special new column in
defense of affirmative action.
- Instructional Materials Service
- Provide instructional materials for secondary school agricultural
science and industrial education programs. Products include technical info, curriculum
guides, tests and keys, and numerous other teaching aids.
- International House -
International Language Centres
- Major UK-based group. Britain, Ireland, France, Czech Republic,
USA, etc. ESL/EFL and other language courses, RSA Cambridge TEFL training, ELT bookshop
and mail-order, vacation centres, study tours, company training programmes. Recognised by
the British Council. Member of ARELS.
- Internet College Exchange
- The Internet College Exchange is a free search service on the
World Wide Web provided for high school students. ICX allows the student to search all the
colleges and universities in the United States to help them make an educated decision
about where they would like to continue their studies. The Web server is also a great help
for student's parents who are in most cases very much involved in the selection process.
- Irwin Publishing
- Canadian Educational Publisher with resources for K - 12 and Post
Secondary Education. Titles include multimedia software.
- JazzKids Home Page
- JazzKids is a unique approach to music education for children and
their parents. This page will be adding a theory section, as well as the online band!
- K-12 WebSite for Busy Teachers
- This site is organized by subject area and contains annotated
links to direct source material sites. Designed for the K-12 educator with little time for
surfing or one who is just starting Internet travels.
- KidsViews is a website for student-centered learned and thinking.
The content for KidsViews (the pictures and words) is made interactively by children from
all over the world. KidsViews editors are students from Monterey School, Victoria, BC,
Canada. The design and construction of KidsViews is by a Victoria educator. This website
is sponsored by the Extended Media Lab of the Faculty of Fine Arts at U.Vic. Creative
submissions are most welcome!
- La dictee
- La DICTEE PROGRESSIVE (livre et logiciel) est un jeu pour
maitriser orthographe et grammaire. Inclus : aide, competition, progression dans les
difficultes. Niveaux : primaire a secondaire (8-16 ans)
- La Salle High School,
- This is the homepage for La Salle High School, a private,
Catholic, all-male school in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Learning Links
- The only source teachers need for literature-based reading
programs - books, study guides and more. Pioneers in publishing study guides
(Novel-Ties) for novels and picture books.
- Learning through Collaborative
- Traditionally, K-12 science education has consisted of the
teaching of well-established facts. This approach bears little or no resemblance to the
question-centered, collaborative practice of real scientists. Through the use of advanced
technologies, the CoVis Project at Northwestern University is attempting to transform
science learning to better resemble the authentic practice of science. The CoVis Project
will explore issues of scaling, diversity, and sustainability as they relate to the use of
networking technologies to enable high school students to work in collaboration with
remote students, teachers, and scientists. An important outcome of this work will be the
construction of distributed electronic communities dedicated to science learning.
Participating students study atmospheric and environmental sciences through inquiry-based
activities. Using state of the art scientific visualization software, specially modified
to be appropriate to a learning environment, students have access to the same research
tools and data sets used by leading-edge scientists in the field. The CoVis Project
provides students with a range of collaboration and communication tools. These include:
desktop video teleconferencing; shared software environments for remote, real-time
collaboration; access to the resources of the Internet; a multimedia scientist's
"notebook"; and scientific visualization software. In addition to deploying new
technology, we work closely with teachers at participating schools to develop new
curricula and new pedagogical approaches that take advantage of project-enhanced science
learning. OCollaborative VisualizationO thus refers to development of scientific
understanding which is mediated by scientific visualization tools in a collaborative
context. The CoVis Project seeks to understand how science education could take broad
advantage of these capabilities, providing motivating experiences for students and
teachers with contemporary science tools and topics. The next decade will bring
widespread, networked multimedia interpersonal computing. The CoVis Project is a blueprint
to inform educators, researchers, and policy makers on the effective and sustainable use
of interpersonal, collaborative media in science education.
- Leidse Onderwijsinstellingen (LOI)
- Independent institute for adult and continuing education in the
Netherlands, with over 350 courses (in Dutch) at different levels available.
- Leo Financial Aid
- Scholarships, Fellowships, Grants and Awards. Free college money.
L.F.A.S. is your one-stop scholarship search place with nearly 400,000 sources of
financial aid to search from.
- Les Etats generaux sur
- The province of quebec is presently conducting a large plublic
debate on it's education system. The government provides this site. Includes several
documents submitted by groups and individuals.
- LittleFingers Software
- LittleFingers Software offers quality educational MacIntosh
shareware for children of all ages - download shareware from this site!
- The Luxembourg Informatics Competition,the International Olympiad
in Informatics and National Informatics Competitions all over the world
- LYCEE CLASSIQUE
- presentation of the Lycee classique d'Echternach, secondary school
in Luxembourg. Server in three languages : french, german and english. Contents :
information about the school , the city of Echternach, hitsorical information , exchanges
and projects a.m.m.
- Server of a secondary school, providing information about the
school, its context, its activities. Texts (prose and poetry) written by students;
pedagogical projects (using information technology) written by students and/or teachers,
mainly in French, but also in German, English and Luxemburgish.
- presentation of Lycee Robert-Schuman Luxembourg (secondary school)
- We have an extensive collection of shareware, public domain and
freeware software for education. We have programs for Apple II, Macintosh, Windows (3.1
software for teaching photosynthesis
- This site contains information about an interactive Macintosh
program to teach photosynthesis at beginer and intermediate levels. It allows you to
download a limited version that can be used as a source of images and animations for
teachers to use with a classroom computer. The full version is offered for sale.
for the education "antitetradia tis ekpaedefsis
- Written by educationers coming from of scales of education in
Hellas (Greece) it is the magazine that educationers read more than anything else in
Greece. You can find plenty of statistic tables concerning education in Hellas. The texts
are in Hellenic language but engilsh translations are on their way!
- Math and
Science Gateway for Grades 9-12
- The Cornell Theory Center Math and Science Gateway for secondary
school students and educators provides an easy starting point for locating science and
mathematics resources on the web. It contains links to resources in many subject areas, as
well as an extensive section for educators.
- A www mathematics education site wich includes bibliographical
data bases, documents, articles, magazines and jiournals, information about the community
and related news.
- Medical College of Wisconsin -
- We welcome you to the Medical College of Wisconsin’s InfoScope
and invite you to explore its resources. The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), is a
private, independent educational institution dedicated to the discovery and application of
new knowledge through medical and graduate education, scientific research, clinical care
and community service. We are located in suburban Milwaukee, Wisconsin and serve
southeastern Wisconsin with twenty-three health care affiliates.
- Meteorological Station
Of the Lycee Classique Diekirch (L)
- All data in monthly file formats of the meteorological station;
special interest subjects: UVA, UVB and erythemally weighted UVB measures. Meteo_LCD is
the only station in Luxembourg measuring continuously UV radiation.
- Moving Images
Distribution: Educational Video Catalogue
- Moving Images Distribution is the largest distributor of Canadian
independent productions in western Canada of educational film and video resources. This
includes Documentary, drama, animation and educational programs on cross-cultural to
social issues, media education to health, Canadian history to environment, native culture
to fine arts.
- Mt. Hood Academy - A
High School For Ski Racers
- Mt. Hood Academy is a fully accredited private high school for
students pursuing a rigorous college prepatory academic program while developing their
skills as alpine ski racers. The students, from throughout the Western United States,
live, study and train at the Academy from early November to April. The school sits on a
wooded site in Government Camp, Oregon, at an elevation of 4,000 ft. on the south side of
for physics lessons (University of Augsburg)
- We're working on a program based on ToolBook for the preparation
and realization of a physics lesson: Providing of backgroundinformation, films, photos,
exercises, experiments, evaluation of video-shootings of a motion with the computer, ...
- authoritative home page for American author of Scarlet Letter,
House of Seven Gables, with HTML novels, tales, life, art, glossary, dates timeline,
notes, films, operas, notes; for teachers, high school, college undergraduate; suitable
for blind viewers and text-only browsers; web of all links
- National Atlas Information
- The National Atlas Information Service (NAIS)
(http://www-nais.ccm.emr.ca/) "Gateway to Geographic Information in Canada is
providing global access to a range of Canadian geographical information . With this
service, researchers, students, teachers, universities, and businesses have instant access
to Canadian maps and major national data bases in digital form. The National SchoolNet
Atlas is a new initiative of NAIS is part of Canada's SchoolNet , a major government
initiative to link 16,000 schools and over one thousand rural and aboriginal communities
to the electronic highway.The NationalSchoolnet Atlas (
http://www-nais.ccm.emr.ca/schoolnet/) provides students, teachers and researchers with a
tool to view and download maps of Canada, create their own maps, study hot topics/isues
and access and map information from major national data bases. International participation
in the development of this interactive learning tool is encouraged. ³OUR HOME² Atlas of
Canadian Communities is part of NAIS: students from over 100 schools across Canada build
their own electronic atlas of Canada, describing the good and the bad things about their
communities, history , geography, origin of names and maps. ³ Our Home² (
http://ellesmere.ccm.emr.ca/ourhome/ ) provides a multi-cultural crossection of urban,
rural and aboriginal communities as seen through the eyes of kids that live there. The
National Atlas Information Service WWW initiatives have been acclaimed by the media and
Treasury Board as examples of the most useful government services available on the
- National Energy Foundation
- NEF, one of the nation's premier nonprofit developers of energy,
natural resource, and environmental education materials and programs, is pleased to make
these resources more accessible to Internet users. Using the latest technologies afforded
users of the Internet, NEF's Internet-version of the catalog includes full-color, high
resolution images of all NEF educational materials, along with product descriptions and
other information. Users who access the site can even place orders directly from the
- NonEuclid - Software for Non-Euclidean Geometry
- NonEuclid is an interactive simulation of the Poincare Model of
Hyperbolic Geometry for use in high school and undergraduate education.
- North Central Association
Commission on Institutions of Higher Education
- NCA-CIHE accredits colleges, universities and other
degree-granting institutions of higher education. The site provides general information
about Commission policies and accreditation procedures, as well as specific resources for
NCA-CIHE's member institutions and institution evaluation teams.
- Pan-Educational Institute
- Searchable database of over 500 lesson plans and other educational
resources relating to K-12.
- Paradigm from California
- An overall understanding of the human operations systemwithin the
context of the four billion year bio-ecosystem.
- Peterson's Education Center
- The Gateway to Educational and Lifelong Learning Resources
- Petroleum Information
for High School Students
- The Schools [Petroleum] Information Program is coordinated by the
Petroleum Club of WA and reaches students in Perth high schools. A comprehensive
description of the Program includes links to Petroleum sites worldwide to assist high
school students in their research.
- Physics in Australia to 1945
- Ashort introduction to the development of physics in Australia
along with a listing of scientists of eminence in Australia to 1945 and a short abstracton
- Prairie Valley
Community School District
- This is the official server site for the Prairie Valley Community
School District. This site also is the official server site for the Iowa Association of
School Boards, whose information is updated and maintained by the High School students at
National Mission Programs-Software to Go
- The definitive source of evaluation information for parents and
educators of deaf and hard of hearing learners. Provided as a service of Pre-College
National Mission Programs, Gallaudet University.
- Private School Resource
- A quarterly magazine on line that maintains an on-going data base
of private schools
- Project LEAP
(Learn Earn and Prosper)
- Project LEAP is America's award winning distance learning literacy
program which is now being made available nationally via satellite. LEAP was recently
selected "Best in Programming" by the International Distance Learning Conference
and U.S. Distance Learning Association. Produced by The University of Mississippi, LEAP
and SNAP (Satellite Network Alternative Program) is providing basic skills, GED, job
skills and life-coping skills to a wide range of programs including literacy programs,
family literacy, workplace literacy, Head Start, secondary schools, "at risk"
youth and correctional institutions.
- Projects in Scientific Computing
- This is the annual publication of the Pittsburgh Supercomputing
Center (PSC), which is a joint project of Carnegie Mellon University, the University of
Pittsburgh, and Westinghouse Electric Corporation. PSC is a National Science Foundation
Research Center. This publication is written at a non-specialist level. Science teachers
have told us it is valuable as a teaching tool for high school students and undergraduates
- Reed Interactive
- Provides resources on current affairs for the k12 community, as
well as online projects, keypals, and space for schools to publish their work. Also
included is a bookshop with an expanding collection of Australian authors, and first
chapters from their books.
- Regard sur la Physique
- Vous retrouverez a CyberScol plus de 100 pages d'explications sur
Optique Geometrique (Physique 534). Vous pouvez egalement tester vos connaissances en
prenant un test formatif.
MacKinnon's Teacher Resources
- This page has extensive links to many useful sites for teacher
resources. The sites could be helpful to teachers or education students.
Hall-St. Mark's School
- A private, college preparatory school in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Sam Mantics Enterprises Vocabulary
- Educational K-12; vocabulary word puzzles and word games Sam
Mantics Enterprises, Menlo Park, CA, USA --Syndicate.com provides information about
English vocabulary for all students who study vocabulary, particularily in preparation for
SSAT or SAT exams. Individuals worldwide can learn English words through vocabulary word
puzzles and games with this new approach. People can either play just for educational fun
and learning or, they can compete weekly.
- San Jose Education Network/East Side
Union High School
- SJEN is presently the nation's largest online network of public
schools. SJEN is a two year old consortium of Silicon Valley businesses, San Jose City and
public schools around Santa Clara County. About a dozen schools presently have a direct
connection to the internet and dozens more are on the verge of being added to the network.
The goal this year is to link as many surronding district servers to the county server,
kept at the Occupational Center of Santa Clara County..
- Schersten Mathematics
- Tom Schersten is an educational consultant on K-12 Mathematics
Curriculum, doing teacher-training through residencies with demonstration teaching,
graduate courses, and workshops in problem solving and manipulative approaches to teaching
the concepts and skills of mathematics, consistent with the NCTM Standards.
- Science and Mathematics
- Programs and resources for K-12 science and mathematics teachers.
Primarily intended for teachers in North Carolina. On-line workshops will be offered soon.
- Science and the
Environment - A Learning Tool
- For teachers who are looking for current news on the environment
to supplement their texts and lesson plans. It is a bi-monthly publication on the WEB that
has been specifically targeted for high school and university educators and students. The
magazine provides objective news summaries with photos and graphics that can be
distributed to the class. Topics include: Biodiversity
- Scuola.com: schools in Italy
- The new always changing and evolving site for the Italian High
Schools! Come and visit us.
- Southeastern Regional
Education Service Center (SERESC)
- We are a non-profit k-12 education collaborative serving schools,
students, educators and families in New Hampshire. Our Web site features information about
education issues, our newsletters and current projects plus links to more than 40
*student-safe* sites on the Web. These links are categorized as Education, Government,
Grant Information, Museums, Libraries and Miscellaneous.
- Southwest Educational Development
- Repository of K-12 educational reform resources and related links
with national network of regional educational laboratories and government education
agencies in the U.S.
- St. Michael's College
- St. Michael's is a school proud of its 150 years of serving the
Catholic community. In that time we have produced 150 National Hockey League players. Our
most recent graduate was Brett Lindros. His brother Eric played for the Buzzers.
- A series of gifs showing nature's structural elements, all of
which have internodal lengths being proportional to the three relative elemental lengths
of unity,square root of 2 and Tau (((square root of 5) + 1)/ 2).
- Study Guides International
- We sell Study Guides covering areas of Language Arts, Math,
Foriegn Languages, Science, First Aid. Each Study Guide contains hundreds of rules,
examples, and definitions.
- Directory of international education programs listed by host
country. Catagories include Langauge, Academic and Summer Programs along with Experiential
Education and other related information.
- SyllabusWeb, from the publishers of Syllabus magazine, covers
technologies of interest to educators in high schools, colleges, and universities. It
contains news, case studies, product reviews and announcements, and feature articles on
technology written by educators and experts in educational technology. Among the
technology areas covered are multimedia, graphics and visualization, quantitative tools,
the Internet, telecommunications and networking, classroom products and technology
infrastructure, personal computer and workstation technologies, and video and presentation
- Teacher Talk Forum is set up for teachers, students, parents, and
anyone else interested to be able to find good information organized by various topics.
Sections include Interactive Fieldtrips, Museums, Lesson Plans, Middle Schools, High
Schools, etc. The information provided comes from a variety of sources on the WWW and has
been prescreened by the staff at the Center for Adolescent Studies at Indiana University.
Talk Home Page
- Teacher Talk is a publication for preservice, secondary education
teachers. It exists as a series of World Wide Web documents. It also is distributed in a
- TEAMS Distance Learning
- Our purpose is to support and enhance K-12 instruction by
providing Internet information, educational resources, and collaborative projects that
foster authentic research in the classroom.
- Technology and Learning
- Technology and Learning Online is the WWW meeting place for
educators and parents interested in educational technology. The site features a
comprehensive, easily searchable database of educational software reviews, online course
registration with conferencing, information about the Magazine's current issue, a calendar
of upcoming events and more.
- THA Media
Distributors: Educational Video Catalogue
- THA Media has developed a excellent educational resource this site
is for educators to search their extensive educational video catalogue. THA has
Educational Video Resources for all ages including Documentaries on Global, Environmental,
- The ASCD Web
- The Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD)
Provides staff development, informational materials for teachers and administrators. Main
journal is "Educational Leadership" Online newsletter - Education Bulletin
World-wide Affiliates. Main emphasis - K-12
- The Branson School
- The Branson School is an independent school (9-12) in Ross,
California. We believe that the Infobahn empowers schools to develop a worldwide learning
community. Through cooperation, widely dispersed (but technologicaly competent) schools
can help each other develop multimedia by sharing their knowledge and products. This is
the basis for the "Stone Soup" project.
- The Critical Thinking
- Critical Thinking Community promotes interdisciplinary educational
reform. Central to its books, conferences, assessment systems tools, and workshops is the
promotion of quality reasoning, writing, and reading for K-12 and Universities.
- The Educational
- A searchable database of educational software.
Educators' Educational Resource Directory
- One stop education Net Guide for the busy educator--lesson plans,
and many educational resources.
- The Electronic School is a publication for all K-12 schoolleaders
and educators who are striving to enhance studentlearning through the judicious and
appropriate use oftechnology.
- The Environmental
- The Environmental Education Network is a clearinghouse of all
environmental education materials available on the Internet. This system is maintained by
the EnviroLink Network in a joint partnership with the H. John Heinz III School of Public
Policy and Management.
- The Indiana Wesleyan University
- Information about Indiana Wesleyan University
Interactive Frog Dissection - An online tutorial
- This is inline tutorial guides through a dissection of a frog.
Including such things as preparation, skin and muscle incisions and the internal organs.
Journal of Mind and Behavior
- I have a new URL that the WWW Virtual Library: Education will be
interested in including a pointer to under Journals: The Journal of Mind and Behavior
http://kramer.ume.maine.edu/~jmb/welcome.html Description: The Journal of Mind and
Behavior is an educational and professional journal dedicated to the interdisciplinary
approach within psychology and related fields - building upon the assumption of a unified
science. JMB is interested in: the psychology, philosophy, and sociology of
experimentation and the scientific method; the relationship between methodology,
operationism, and theory construction; the mind/body problem in the social sciences,
psychiatry and the medical sciences, and the physical sciences; philosophical impact of a
mind/body epistemology upon psychology and its theories of consciousness;
phenomenological, teleological, existential, and introspective reports relevant to
psychology, psychosical methodology, and social philosophy; and historical perspecives on
the course and nature of psychological science. Please feel free to contact me if you have
any questions. David Allie Liaison for Computer Technology The Journal of Mind and
- The MAD SCIENTIST
- An interactive and WWW-based 'Ask A Scientist' interface. The
network is staffed and run by the students, faculty and staff at Washington University and
Washington University Medical School in St. Louis. Questions may be submitted via email or
directly through the WWW.
- The Museum of Innovation
- It is an educational resource established to engage people of all
ages and backgrounds in exploring and experiencing technologies affecting their lives, and
to inspire today's youth to become innovators in the technologies of the future.
- The NoodleHead Network
- The NoodleHead Network is an award winning company based in
Burlington, Vermont. We produce, market, and distribute children's educational videotapes
from a child's perspective. Our goal is to give kids a voice by helping them make videos
on issues that are important to them. Kid's play an integral role in the creation of each
tape- from script development, to acting, to editing. Then, a group of "ex-kid"
writers, producers and educators translate those ideas into unique videos that educate and
- The Open University, Orlando,
- Providing adults specialized education in entrepreneurial studies
ina distance learning format. Featuring high quality residency andnon-residency degree and
certification programs offeredby the Graduate School of Business & Entrepreneurship,
the College ofBusiness & Entrepreneurship and four institutes in The Center
forBusiness & Professional Development. A Master's and Bachelor's degeein
Entrepreneurship is offered as well as certification programs inFactoring Brokers,
Factors, Private Mortage Banking, Private MortgageBrokering, and Cash Flow (Debt
- The Oryx Press
- The Oryx Press, a Phoenix-based information publisher, in
conjunction with the American Council on Education (ACE), offers a wide variety of
faculty, administration, and library resources for the higher education market, as well as
teacher, media specialist, and school librarian resources for the K-12 curriculum. The
ACE/Oryx Series on Higher Education catalog is available on the Web site, supplemented
with author biographies and reviews.
- The Physics Museum at the University of Queensland
- Houses examples of antique physics instruments, Australian made
electronic instruments, plus other interesting devices ,included also is a database of
world museum sites.
- The Special Needs Education
Network Home Page
- The Special Needs Education Network is a SchoolNetservice
providing Internet resources to parents, teachers,and organizations involved in special
needs education.Available resources include Gopher, Mailing Lists, and acomprehensive
World Wide Web Resources directory.
- The Virtual English Language
- The Virtual English Language Center is an online resource for
students and teachers of English as a second or foreign language. We currently offer The
Weekly Idiom, Fluency Through Fables, and the E-mail Pen Pal Connection.
- The Young Scientist
- The Young Scientist Program is a program dedicated to increasing
the science awareness and literacy of area K12 students. The program is staffed and run by
graduate and medical students at Washington Univerity Medical School in St. Louis.
Projects include a summer research internship for students, one-on-one tutoring, and
'teaching teams' of students who go to local high schools to give interactive science
- The Zooary
- The Zooary is a zoological resource for teachers and students. It
was created January 1996 and is maintained by a high school biology teacher and her
ecology students. It provides information and pictures on the 50+ animals her the
classroom zoo the Zooary. It also provides teachers with activities usian
animals,information on zoological careers, guides on how to maintian animals in the
classroom and Jr Zoologist Quiz and other links of interest to teachers. Visitors are
encouraged to interact with the students maintaining the pages
- A Kids/Fun/Educational interactive site with the emphasis on kids'
active participation in creativity--art, writing, opinions, homepages and more! Geared
towards elementary grades, of note to teachers, is an on-line story map to help teach
short story structure.
- U.S. Department of Education
Geological Survey - Education
- Victoria International
- A way for students in International countries to experience
Victoria and it's Education System
- Vikings resources
on the web
- Links to loads of educational resources related to Viking history
and culture, maintained by The World of the Vikings Project
- A periodic table with page links to all the elements and their
History,physical properties and chemical properties. One of the better tables
- Web66: A K12 World Wide Web
- Just as U.S. Highway Route 66 was a catalyst for Americana, we see
the World Wide Web as a catalyst that will integrate the Internet into K12 school
curricula. The Web66 project is designed to facilitate the introduction of this technology
into K12 schools. The goals of this project are: 1.To help K12 educators learn how to set
up their own Internet servers. 2.To link K12 WWW servers and the educators and students at
those schools. 3.To help K12 educators find and use K12 appropriate resources on the WWW.
- Welcome to thomson.com
- thomson.com is International Thomson Publishing's (ITP)
mega-information kiosk providing immediate access to the vast array of learning-related
products and services from the ITP family of publishers, including many well-known
imprints. Extensive Web or Gopher site includes searchable database of more than 20,000
education, scientific, reference, engineering, technical and business products (growing
all the time), as well as discipline-specific resource centers, electronic discussion
lists, and on-line supplements to products.
- Western Australian
Education site for teachers
- This site is intended to provide teachers/educators with
information/resources on educational issues in W.A. It also contains links to national and
international educational resources.
- WHS Student Council
- The Wethersfield High Student Council Home Page is designed to
provide information about our student council and its activities. Great for getting ideas
for your own school or council!
- Woodbury Reports Homepage
- Networking newsletter for professionals and parents working with
children and young adults with behavioral/emotional problems.
- World Wide Kids
- World Wide Kids is a program designed for elementary/middle school
students. The purpose of the program is to give kids a positive directed way to learn
about the internet, US History, geography, and increase reading comprehension. Played like
a game, World Wide Kids gives kids additional incentive to learn by giving away prizes in
our monthly savings bond drawing. Great resource for teachers new to the net and looking
for a way to give their kids a fun way to learn.
- Yaroslavl State University
- This is WWW server of Yaroslavl State University. University's
home page is written in Russian.
- YES! (Youth,
Education and Schools)
- The YES! pages are a re-grouping of OneWorld Online's partners'
material (all the major UK NGOS and human rights organisations). The Youth section is an
informal page where young people can find out about projects and campaigning ideas.
There's a feedback section too. The Education section is where educators can find out
about development education issues and the Schools section has yards of classroom material
for the teacher and the student. All information is divided into themes: the environment,
money matters, health, hunger, population, conflict and literacy.
- Youth Change Web Site
- See and get powerful interventions to turnaround troubled youth.
- Youth For Understanding
International Exchange Program
- Youth For Understanding (YFU), a non-profit educational
organization, arranges homestay programs for high school students between the ages of
15-18. Year, semester and summer programs are available in over 30 countries around the
- Youth In Action
- An environmental and human rights action center for students,
teachers and organizations. It offers interactive petitions, surveys, fundraising and
lobbying, with links to hundreds of media and government contacts around the world.