All the Sites about Tertiary Education
Όλες οι σχετικές με
την Τριτοβάθμια εκπαίδευση σελίδες που ξέρουμε.
From "The World-Wide Web Virtual
Tertiary School links
Web-delivered online accredited high school courses.
"Providing quality education over the Internet to learners
- 256 Shades of Grey
- Eau Claire, Wisconsin's Only Avant-Pop Literary/ Arts "Zine
- Academic Schools
of the University of Ballarat
- This document contains information about the courses available,
from the different schools at the University of Ballarat.
- Adventures in Education
- Information for students, parents, teachers, counselors and
financial aid officers about career planning, school selection and college funding
presented by Texas Guaranteed Student Loan Corporation with Texas schools and lenders.
- AIESEC INT
- AIESEC, presented by one of its French Local Committee. AIESEC is
an international, non political, non profit, student run, independent, educational
association dedicated to the increasing of international understanding and cooperation.
University School of Education
- The Schol of Education offers both graduat and undergraduate
programs, some offering certification in the District of Columbia. Programs include
undergraduat major and minor, M.A., M.A.T., and PhD in various subjects
- Arizona State
University - Distance Learning Technology
- Distance Learning Technology utilizes Instructional Television
Fixed Service (ITFS) as well as cable television, public television, satellite, microwave,
videotape, and CD-ROM to deliver courses to students at remote viewing locations.
Appreciation on the web
- A general education course (ART 101) taught online beginning
March, 1996. 3 quarter credits, transferable. Available through Southern Utah University,
an accredited institution.
- Artificial Intelligence
- As a service to Artificial Intelligence researchers
internationally, the Institute for Information Technology maintains a comprehensive list
of pointers to AI resources on the Internet.
of College Unions - International
- Professional association of international student union and campus
center staff, founded in 1907. Maintained by Rich Steele of Georgia Tech University.
- Audio Visual Centre, University
- Home page of the Audio Visual Centre, University College Dublin.
It contains resources in support to its adult education TV programmes called LearnNet. It
also contains links to the page of the Educational Media Association of Ireland and its
new Media course on educational technology, aimed at college level teaching staff. This
course uses the WEST web educational support tools application for interactive teaching
and learning on the web. Check out WEST to see if it might be useful for your courses.
There is a link to the WEST home page. The AVC page also contains the complete text, in
English and in Irish (Gaelic) of the Irish Governments Green Paper on the Future of
broadcasting in Ireland.
- Experience a virtual tour of Questacon's hands-on exhibitions, try
some fascinating activities at school or at home, solve challenges and puzzles. Learn
about Questacon's programs for people of all ages across Australia and in the Asia-Pacific
region to experience the fun and fascination of science - the hands-on, minds-on way!
- *A recognised provider of vocational education *Accredited
certificates and advanced diplomas *More than 230 different external studies courses *We
produce educational videos
- Australian Education
- The AUSTRALIAN EDUCATION OFFICE is the official representative of
Australian universities in North America. This major site provides extensive information
and links related to study abroad programs, direct student exchange and independent
enrollment in Australia. It should be consulted by all students, parents and faculty
considering overseas educational opportunities.
- A resource for Academia dedicated to internetwork knowledge
- Birmingham-Southern College
- BSC is a four-year collegiate liberal arts institution founded and
operating under the auspices of the Alabama-West Florida and North Alabama Conferences of
the United Methodist Church.
- Boston Graduate School of
- BGSP offers graduate and post-graduate training in psychoanalytic
theory, history, research, and practice.
- Boston University - School of
- School of Management provides both undergraduate and graduate
degree programs in business.
- Breaking Free Association is a library of educational
andself-improvment software titles and books. From speedreading to public presentations,
through improving yourmemory... you will find it all here. This is a must-visitplace for
any student. We welcome you at this Web Pageat any time.
- Brillar Enterprises
- Brillar Enterprises is a company designed by educators for
educators. As of right now we sell discount educational CD-ROM's with plans to have a
blue-chip lesson plan post area in the near future.
- Britain's largest business education network, supporting
curriculum and staff development in all areas of business education and training. You can
view details of high quality teaching and learning resources and down-load exemplar
materials. Also details of customised training programmes, consultancy and research
offered by this network.
- California Alumni
- A resource for University of California at Berkeley alumni and
- California Institute of the Arts
- CalArts is a creative mosaic of professional artists teaching
aspiring artists, all committed to excellence and challenged to innovate. In an
interdisciplinary, international and intercultural environment, CalArts encourages
students to achieve their full artistic and intellectual potential. Located in the Santa
Clarita Valley, California, CalArts is a four-year fully accredited private institution
offering BFA and MFA degrees in dance, film/video, music, theatre and visual arts.
- Canadian Information Centre on
- The Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials is
responsible for facilitating the recognition and portability of educational and
occupational credentials, obtained in Canada or abroad, by acting as a national
clearinghouse and information-sharing centre, a data-gathering organization, and a
- CAREERS CONSULTANTS
- PROVIDER OF ADVICE, GUIDANCE AND INFORMATION TO INDIVIDUALS IN THE
U.K. OR THOSE WISHING TO STUDY IN YHE U.K. FROM OVERSEAS,
- Cayuga Community College
- Cayuga Community College is a 2 year community college sponsored
by Cayuga County and supervised by the State University of New York.
- Center for Applied Research in
- CARE is a unit of the University of Texas engaged in applied
research on school quality improvement, reform, restructuring and re-engineering. CARE
publishes the International Journal: Continuous Improvement Monitor and up-to-date
information on school reform programs.
for Rural Social Research
- Provides information on the research and activities of the Centre
for Rural Social Research, lists publications available and staff interests, maintains a
register of current conferences, resources and organisations in the area of rural social
issues, provides access to articles from the electronic version of the journal Rural
Society and maintains a comprehensive set of global links to sources of information on
rural social, economic and development issues.
- Classroom Connect
- An organization providing tools to K12 educators who use the
Internet in the classroom.
- CM: Canadian Review of
- CM magazine, a weekly electronic reviewing journal. Published by
the Manitoba Library Association every Friday, CM reviews books, videos, audiotapes and
CD-ROMs for children and young adults. CM also publishes news, articles and features of
interest to librarians, teachers and parents.
- College Academic
- A booklet on diskette for college students without access to good
academic counseling. Also helps students with academic advisers utilize them more
and University Home Pages
- A list of international colleges and universities, organized
alphabetically and geographically by country.
- College of
Education at Arizona State University
- WWW site for the College of Education at Arizona State University.
- College of the Canyons
- Information about College of the Canyons, a public community
college in Santa Clarita, California, USA
- CollegeNET is a database of all Colleges and Universities in
Canada and the U.S. CollegeNET is searchable, and has links to all schools that have WWW
Home Pages. Institutions can arrange to have "At-a-Glance" Pages on the
- Collegiate Care Research
Assistance - Model Research and Term Papers
- Collegiate Care provides quality model research and term papers to
student's world-wide. Call 1-888-44-REPORTS or visit our site at
- omparative Education Research
Centre, University of Hong Kong
- The Comparative Education Research Centre (CERC) is affiliated
with the Faculty of Education at the University of Hong Kong.
- Complete Source for Financing
Education - Student Loans
- Offers an array of innovative student loan, computer loan and
consolidatio programs to provide one-stop shopping for financial aid alternatives for
college and private high school.
- We maintain a public domain repository of complex systems
information and software on ANU's BioGopher Server and a mailing list on complex systems.
The hypermedia journal Complexity International publishes papers of original, previously
unpublished work in the field of complex systems.
- Class materials for advanced undergraduate course; case studies,
ongoing projects and research in natural resource management and conservation are
included. Graduate course materials will be added this fall, expanding coverage and
increasing depth of subject matter.
- Course Technology
- Changing the way people learn and teach about information systems
in higher education.
University - Information for International Students
- Information about the courses, facilities and application
procedures for entry as an overseas student to Coventry University, including tuition
fees. Includes information for European Community students.
- Czech Technical
- Czech Technical University in Prague is the oldest technical
university in Central Europe. It was founded in the year 1707. At present the university
consists of 6 faculties and 7 institutes. There are enrolled some 15 000 students.
Programs leading to the Bachelor, Master and PhD degrees are offered in Czech language. On
some faculties these programs are offered facultatively in English language.
- Das World Wide
Web als Lern- und Lehrhilfe am Gymnasium
- Ziel dieser www-Seite wird es sein, Informationen
zusammenzutragen, die die Organisation facherubergreifenden Unterrichts erleichtert.
Hierzu gehoren die Offnungszeiten von Museen, Erfahrungsberichte von Exkursionen,
Projektvorschlage und vieles mehr. Wenn das angesammelte Material es erfordert, wird die
Information nach geographischen und inhaltlichen Gesichtspunkten weiter aufgeteilt werden.
Sie konnen von Ihnen im WWW aufgefundene Quellen automatisch in die vorhandenen Listen
(bisher vier Sachgebiete) integrieren. Noch besser ware die Bereitstellung bzw.
Verknupfung eigener www-Seiten. Da dies die Existenz eines eigenen Schulservers erfordert,
werden hier Hilfestellungen zur Einrichtung eines Servers gegeben.
- Data Projections Inc
- World's largest provider of data/video projection devices. Offers
dPict Infocus nview Sharp Proxima Barco Dukane Elmo
- Deafax -
Communication and Technology for Deaf People
- The aim of Deafax is to improve the communication skills of deaf
and hearing people by using technology and other methods.We are a registered charity
providing training in schools to enable deaf children to improve their communication and
literacy.We are building a Fun Directory of children and others wishing to
"chat" on the Internet about their hobbies and interests.
- Department for Solid State
Electronics, University of Technology, Vienna
- Research in Semiconductor developement. Main fields of work:
surface-emitting semiconductor laser (grating coupler, VCSEL), nanotechnology (2DEG, 1DEG,
STM), molecular beam epitaxy (MBE), spectroscopy in the far infrared (FIR).
- Departments and Schools of Information Studies
- World list of WWW sites in departments of information studies
(information science, information systems, librarianship)
of Chemistry and Biochemistry -- UMBC.
- Information on the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at the
University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC), with particular emphasis on the Graduate
Programs. Descriptions of the Faculty and their research programs, links to numerous
chemistry resources on the Web and an on-line brochure are available.
- Digital Simulator
- An easy-to use digital circuit simulator for Windows, intended
primarily for educational use. Design a circuit, manipulate its on screen switches, and
see its on screen indicators change in real time. Includes hypertext on-line help and a
logic analyzer. Shareware.
- Directory of Student Affairs Office on the Internet
- A directory of Departments/Divisions of Student Affairs in Higher
Education with Homepages on the Internet. Contains a submission form for submitting URL's
for inclusion in the directory as well as links to other Student Affairs resources and
- Distance Education
- Sponsored by the University of Wisconsin-Extension, the
Clearinghouse brings together information on distance education courses and technologies
including instructional design, training the trainer, teleconferencing, audioconferencing,
audiographics, compressed video, videoconferencing, and satellite.
learning: Welcome to CyberEd
- Delivering quality education from our desktop to yours! What is
CyberEd? What are the advantages of CyberEd? What about costs? What do I need to take a
CyberEd course? Come find out!
- Education Network of Australia
- EdNA is an AUstralian Web project to coordinate the use of
interactive computer networks for educational purposes by State Governments,
non-Government schools, the vocational education and training (VET) sector, the higher
education sector and the more informal adult and community education sectors.
Resources on the net
- Offers descriptions and links to over 2000 education resources
categorised by subject.
- Electric Tours Corporation
- Multimedia High School and University yearbooks published on
CD-ROM. Mac and Windows compatible CD's to supplement the printed yearbook with sounds,
video and color.
- Engines for Education
- Engines is a "hyper-book" written by Roger Schank,
Director of the Institute for the Learning Sciences at Northwestern University, and Chip
Cleary, a graduate student of Dr. Schank, about what's wrong with the education system,
how to reform it, and especially, about the role of educational technology in that reform.
- Environmental Engineering
Technology - Kansas State University-Salina
- Researchers at Kansas State University-Salina are engaged in the
design of two new, state-of-the-art, college-level curriculums in Environmental Technology
and Geographic Information Systems/Global Positioning Systems. These programs will feature
the latest in education technology (multimedia, Internet and video conferencing, etc.) and
perpetually renewing textbooks and curriculum materials.
- ERCOMER - the European
Research Centre on Migration and Ethnic Relations
- The European Research Centre on Migration and Ethnic Relations
(ERCOMER) is a university-based research institute devoted to the specialist study of
migration and ethnic relations at a European level. It exists to bring together
researchers with a special interest in these issues, to initiate new projects, to provide
advanced training and to promote the dissemination of relevant information and research
results. The current complement of research or research-related staff is 25, drawn from
seven member states of the European Union.
Clearinghouse on Reading, English, and Communication
- ESC Open University
Ghent - RUG
- The EuroStudyCentre Open University Ghent is the institute for
open and distance education at the University of Ghent, Belgium. On the one hand we
provide adults with a second chance to enter higher education ('second chance education'),
on the other hand we offer an alternative form of higher education for people who can't
follow courses or programmes in the traditional forms ('second route education') and offer
a programme of wide-ranging continuing education courses. The hallmark of our education is
the use of open and distance learning and the integration of multimedia in the learning
- Executive Education
at the University of Texas at Austin
- The Management Development Programs of the University of Texas at
Austin Graduate School of Business is pleased to announce its new custom-built homepage.
MDP offers seminars and activities specially designed for executives and middle-management
personnel. With programs as diverse as "Leadership for the Year 2000" and
"IBM Petroleum Engineering," the department's educational opportunities are
valuable in a variety of professional contexts.
- GCSE Answers
- Information, advice, tutorials and tips on GCSE English and GCSE
Mathematics for GCSE students, parents and teachers.
- A Macintosh gradebook program which has the features teachers need
and is very easy to learn and use.
- Graduate Education for
- GEM is the acronym used to identify the National Consortium for
Graduate Degrees for Minorities in Engineering and Science, Inc., a tax-exempt, non-profit
corporation. GEM is jointly sponsored through a membership arrangement between employer
and university members.It is incorporated in the State of Indiana and is headquartered at
the University of Notre Dame, by invitation.
Studies in Oral and Craniofacial Biological Sciences
- Graduate Programs of study are available in: Neurosciences
Infectious Diseases and Immune Function Cell and Molecular Biology
- Great Books
- Home Page for Malaspina University-College Liberal Studies
"Great Books" Program. Page backbone is a searchable (by period and author) list
of the original University of Chicago "Great Books" list compiled by Professor
Mortimer Adler. The Malaspina list is linked to author home pages, electronic texts,
on-line ordering, and lectures. Materials are further subcategorized into genre
(literature, science, art, theater and music).
- Gutenberg College: A
Christian Great Books College
- Gutenberg College provides a four-year liberal arts education in a
Protestant Christian environment. The college uses a "great books" curriculum
emphasizing small-group discussions.
- HEPROC Higher
- HEPROC is a higher education resource featuring archives, news,
databases, forums, interactivity, and searching; and information about assessment,
teaching, learning, technology, faculty development, student involvement, institutional
development, institutional culture, and quality.
- Higher Education
in the Nordic Countries
- From this site you can find information about higher education in
the Nordic countries, which universities offer what programs, and general information
about studying at the different universities. The information is available in Swedish,
Finnish and English.
- Huron College
- Huron College, in London, Ontario, is a special university college
located within the core campus of The University of Western Ontario. Huron offers
university degree programs in the Arts, Social Sciences and Theology to approximately 800
- International House -
International Language Centres
- Major UK-based group. Britain, Ireland, France, Czech Republic,
USA, etc. ESL/EFL and other language courses, RSA Cambridge TEFL training, ELT bookshop
and mail-order, vacation centres, study tours, company training programmes. Recognised by
the British Council. Member of ARELS.
Student Center - San Diego State University
- Information for prospective and current international students
regarding policies, procedures, resources and services. Includes a campus-wide
International Events Calendar, an International Reference Desk, and a variety of
international education resources.
- Internet College Exchange
- The Internet College Exchange is a free search service on the
World Wide Web provided for high school students. ICX allows the student to search all the
colleges and universities in the United States to help them make an educated decision
about where they would like to continue their studies. The Web server is also a great help
for student's parents who are in most cases very much involved in the selection process.
- Introduction to
- A syllabus for Introduction to Marketing. It includes class notes,
a test your knowledge section and links to other relevant marketing sites.
- Irwin Publishing
- Canadian Educational Publisher with resources for K - 12 and Post
Secondary Education. Titles include multimedia software.
- Juniata College
- Juniata College is a prestigious liberal arts college in Central
- "K-12 from Japan" is the collection of links which are
related to the K-12 education in Japan. The categories we have compiled are, calendar,
research, schools, resouces, activities, and index/search sites. You can view the whole
images of K-12 activities in Japan on the Internet.
- Lab. Curso Informatica/UFRJ
- Aqui vc encontra oferta de estagiarios da UFRJ, lista MEU POVO,
como prover informacoes via InterNet, Sociedade Brasileira da Computacao e muito mais!
- Learning through Collaborative
- Traditionally, K-12 science education has consisted of the
teaching of well-established facts. This approach bears little or no resemblance to the
question-centered, collaborative practice of real scientists. Through the use of advanced
technologies, the CoVis Project at Northwestern University is attempting to transform
science learning to better resemble the authentic practice of science. The CoVis Project
will explore issues of scaling, diversity, and sustainability as they relate to the use of
networking technologies to enable high school students to work in collaboration with
remote students, teachers, and scientists. An important outcome of this work will be the
construction of distributed electronic communities dedicated to science learning.
Participating students study atmospheric and environmental sciences through inquiry-based
activities. Using state of the art scientific visualization software, specially modified
to be appropriate to a learning environment, students have access to the same research
tools and data sets used by leading-edge scientists in the field. The CoVis Project
provides students with a range of collaboration and communication tools. These include:
desktop video teleconferencing; shared software environments for remote, real-time
collaboration; access to the resources of the Internet; a multimedia scientist's
"notebook"; and scientific visualization software. In addition to deploying new
technology, we work closely with teachers at participating schools to develop new
curricula and new pedagogical approaches that take advantage of project-enhanced science
learning. OCollaborative VisualizationO thus refers to development of scientific
understanding which is mediated by scientific visualization tools in a collaborative
context. The CoVis Project seeks to understand how science education could take broad
advantage of these capabilities, providing motivating experiences for students and
teachers with contemporary science tools and topics. The next decade will bring
widespread, networked multimedia interpersonal computing. The CoVis Project is a blueprint
to inform educators, researchers, and policy makers on the effective and sustainable use
of interpersonal, collaborative media in science education.
- Leidse Onderwijsinstellingen (LOI)
- Independent institute for adult and continuing education in the
Netherlands, with over 350 courses (in Dutch) at different levels available.
- Leo Financial Aid
- Scholarships, Fellowships, Grants and Awards. Free college money.
L.F.A.S. is your one-stop scholarship search place with nearly 400,000 sources of
financial aid to search from.
- Les Etats generaux sur
- The province of quebec is presently conducting a large plublic
debate on it's education system. The government provides this site. Includes several
documents submitted by groups and individuals.
- LittleFingers Software
- LittleFingers Software offers quality educational MacIntosh
shareware for children of all ages - download shareware from this site!
- Los Rios Community
- The Los Rios Community College District home page is now on the
Web amd ready for use. Our District is located in Sacramento, California and we serve
about 1.8 million residents living in Sacramento County and parts of Yolo, El Dorado,
Solano and Placer counties. On our home page you can find information about our three
colleges - American River, Cosumnes River, Sacramento City - and our educational centers
in Placerville and Folsom. You will also find information about the many services we offer
to businesses including information on our Small Business Development Center, the Center
for International Trade Development, and the Training Source which provides custom
training for business and industry.
software for teaching photosynthesis
- This site contains information about an interactive Macintosh
program to teach photosynthesis at beginer and intermediate levels. It allows you to
download a limited version that can be used as a source of images and animations for
teachers to use with a classroom computer. The full version is offered for sale.
for the education "antitetradia tis ekpaedefsis
- Written by educationers coming from of scales of education in
Hellas (Greece) it is the magazine that educationers read more than anything else in
Greece. You can find plenty of statistic tables concerning education in Hellas. The texts
are in Hellenic language but engilsh translations are on their way!
- This site contains the official home pages of most of the
educational institution in Malaysia. It provides the essense of the education system in
Malaysia, which is indeed a very unique and well developed one among the countries in
South East Asia.
- Math Archives
- This page has links that lead to many different areas, including
software and reviews, and other teaching materials.
- A www mathematics education site wich includes bibliographical
data bases, documents, articles, magazines and jiournals, information about the community
and related news.
University of South Carolina Perfusion Education
- Home page of the perfusion education program at the Medical
University of South Carolina. Perfusion is an allied health career centered on operation
of life support equipment such as heart/lung machines, intra-aortic balloon pumps,
artificial hearts, ventricular assist devices, etc.
- Miami-Dade Community
College, Kendall Campus
- School of Business. Offers wide variety of courses for Associate
in Arts and Associate in Science degrees. Over 300 sections offered each year. Day,
evening and directed study (flexiclass) courses tailored to meet individual needs as well
as employer requriements.
- Mind Power ((Psychological Development and Study Skills)
- Designed to equip students with the basic skills, concepts, and
knowledge necessary to become a lifelong learner. Examination of current theory and
research regarding the information age, health and wellness, career development, and
psychological assessment. Practical application of the theory and research. Includes
information literacy and technological skills, group and teamwork, and learning styles.
- MIT Industrial Liaison Program
- The MIT Industrial Liaison Program helps industry access the
expertise of the MIT research community.
University - Business communications online
- This document gives you access to the course outline, lecture
notes, assessment tasks, and more.
- Moving Images
Distribution: Educational Video Catalogue
- Moving Images Distribution is the largest distributor of Canadian
independent productions in western Canada of educational film and video resources. This
includes Documentary, drama, animation and educational programs on cross-cultural to
social issues, media education to health, Canadian history to environment, native culture
to fine arts.
for physics lessons (University of Augsburg)
- We're working on a program based on ToolBook for the preparation
and realization of a physics lesson: Providing of backgroundinformation, films, photos,
exercises, experiments, evaluation of video-shootings of a motion with the computer, ...
- authoritative home page for American author of Scarlet Letter,
House of Seven Gables, with HTML novels, tales, life, art, glossary, dates timeline,
notes, films, operas, notes; for teachers, high school, college undergraduate; suitable
for blind viewers and text-only browsers; web of all links
- National Atlas Information
- The National Atlas Information Service (NAIS)
(http://www-nais.ccm.emr.ca/) "Gateway to Geographic Information in Canada is
providing global access to a range of Canadian geographical information . With this
service, researchers, students, teachers, universities, and businesses have instant access
to Canadian maps and major national data bases in digital form. The National SchoolNet
Atlas is a new initiative of NAIS is part of Canada's SchoolNet , a major government
initiative to link 16,000 schools and over one thousand rural and aboriginal communities
to the electronic highway.The NationalSchoolnet Atlas (
http://www-nais.ccm.emr.ca/schoolnet/) provides students, teachers and researchers with a
tool to view and download maps of Canada, create their own maps, study hot topics/isues
and access and map information from major national data bases. International participation
in the development of this interactive learning tool is encouraged. ³OUR HOME² Atlas of
Canadian Communities is part of NAIS: students from over 100 schools across Canada build
their own electronic atlas of Canada, describing the good and the bad things about their
communities, history , geography, origin of names and maps. ³ Our Home² (
http://ellesmere.ccm.emr.ca/ourhome/ ) provides a multi-cultural crossection of urban,
rural and aboriginal communities as seen through the eyes of kids that live there. The
National Atlas Information Service WWW initiatives have been acclaimed by the media and
Treasury Board as examples of the most useful government services available on the
- National Pollution
Prevention Center for Higher Education
- The NPPC develops and disseminates pollution prevention
educational materials for college and university faculty. Background materials, annotated
bibs, and student assignments cover business and engineering as well as interdisciplinary
fields such as industrial ecology, operations mgmt., and env'tal studies). Also offer
videos and an interactive CD-ROM. All materials are very inexpensive.
- NC State Universirty
- North Carolina State University
- New Horizons in
- This guide highlights trends affecting the process of creating,
disseminating, retrieving, and using information for instruction and research at the
university level. We have identified sources covering all aspects of scholarly
communications which are of concern to the faculty, instructors, and researchers (as well
as the students and staff) of the University of California.
- New School for Social Research
- The New School for Social Research in New York is a fully
accredited university that offers degrees ranging from the bachelor to the doctorate
level. You will find information about the seven academic divisions of the New School,
student life, university services, administration, and more.
- NonEuclid - Software for Non-Euclidean Geometry
- NonEuclid is an interactive simulation of the Poincare Model of
Hyperbolic Geometry for use in high school and undergraduate education.
- Online Education
- Using the Internet for interactive courses is a fast-developing
area. To keep up with the latest on courses, events, software, people and other resources,
you could do worse than check out the Online Education and Training page maintained at De
- Oregon State University
- Oregon State University is a major national
- Oregon State
University Portland Center
- The Oregon State University Portland Center is the hub of Oregon
State University activities in the Portland metropolitan area.
- Peterson's Education Center
- The Gateway to Educational and Lifelong Learning Resources
- Physics in Australia to 1945
- Ashort introduction to the development of physics in Australia
along with a listing of scientists of eminence in Australia to 1945 and a short abstracton
ammattioppilaitos (Vocational School of Northern Ostrobothnia)
- A Vocational institute. Adult education also. Unesco-school
- Pontificia Universidad Catolica
- Pontificia Universidad Catolica del Peru - Home Page. It
maintainslinks to other homepages in Peru. This page provides academic andadministrative
information about the institution. We are interestedin developing new educational
Development Centre (Policing)
- The Professional Development Centre (Policing) is a School of the
Faculty of Arts of Charles Sturt University that represents a unique collaboration between
the University and the NSW Police Service. We offer courses at undergraduate level
specificially designed to meet the needs of police officers. Our main focus is on NSW
Police, however, we are keen to expand into other states within Australia.
- Projects in Scientific Computing
- This is the annual publication of the Pittsburgh Supercomputing
Center (PSC), which is a joint project of Carnegie Mellon University, the University of
Pittsburgh, and Westinghouse Electric Corporation. PSC is a National Science Foundation
Research Center. This publication is written at a non-specialist level. Science teachers
have told us it is valuable as a teaching tool for high school students and undergraduates
- Resources for
Teachers of English for Science and Technology
- The title says it all.
- Romanian ACademic Data Network
- Gateway for internet connected servers in the state universities
of Romania. Romanian resources. Miscelaneous.
MacKinnon's Teacher Resources
- This page has extensive links to many useful sites for teacher
resources. The sites could be helpful to teachers or education students.
- School of Education -
University of Louisville
- Offering students information on curriculum and instruction,
professional development, and teacher education at the University of Louisville.
- Science and the
Environment - A Learning Tool
- For teachers who are looking for current news on the environment
to supplement their texts and lesson plans. It is a bi-monthly publication on the WEB that
has been specifically targeted for high school and university educators and students. The
magazine provides objective news summaries with photos and graphics that can be
distributed to the class. Topics include: Biodiversity
- Science's Next Wave
- Science magazine has launched Science's Next Wave, an electronic
network for scientists that will offer information, services, and communication aimed at
helping scientifically trained people navigate this complex landscape. The Next Wave will
offer a series of forums on issues related to science careers and policy, a regular
feature on nontraditional science-based careers, a network of correspondents, and links to
other resources. And this is only a start, because the Next Wave will be a constantly
- Southern Methodist Univerity
- This is the Official SMU Home Page. It is of interest tothe SMU
community and those who are interested in SMU.
- St. George's Hospital Medical
School, Psychotherapy Section
- Contains extensive information about psychotherapy, counselling
and psychotherapy/counselling research. Includes full text of the newsletters of the
Society of Psychotherapy Research (U.K.), European Council on Eating Disorders and
Association of Therapeutic Communities with much more and more coming!
- St. Thomas University
- St. Thomas University is a small, private, coeducational
institution of higher learning sponsored by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Miami. St.
Thomas offers undergraduate, graduate, professional and continuing education programs.
- A series of gifs showing nature's structural elements, all of
which have internodal lengths being proportional to the three relative elemental lengths
of unity,square root of 2 and Tau (((square root of 5) + 1)/ 2).
- Studenterforeningen af 1820 is Denmark's oldest student club,
uniquely offering social and cultural activities to the students of the universities and
business schools of the greater Copenhagen area. In order to accomodate not only the
Danish students, but also present and future exchange students, alle pages are available
in both Danish and US-English.
- Study in the USA Online
- The Study in the USA Online Directory lists American universities,
colleges and English language schools that offer programs to international students. In
addition to finding articles about studying in the USA, prospective students can use our
online request forms to email the schools they are interested in for more information.
Skills - How to Succeed as a Student
- This is an 8-chapter book packed with advice and tips about
studying, taking notes, writing assignments, sitting exams etc. It can be dowloaded for
private non-commercial use free of charge..
- Directory of international education programs listed by host
country. Catagories include Langauge, Academic and Summer Programs along with Experiential
Education and other related information.
- Improve your study skills - effective reading; note taking in
lectures; concentration and memory; and preparing for exam. Also, learn how to manage your
- SyllabusWeb, from the publishers of Syllabus magazine, covers
technologies of interest to educators in high schools, colleges, and universities. It
contains news, case studies, product reviews and announcements, and feature articles on
technology written by educators and experts in educational technology. Among the
technology areas covered are multimedia, graphics and visualization, quantitative tools,
the Internet, telecommunications and networking, classroom products and technology
infrastructure, personal computer and workstation technologies, and video and presentation
- Taipei Medical College
- This homepage provides mainly medical education materials
including a medical image bank homepage with information regarding dermatology,
parasitology and traditional Chinese medicine. Most of the course provided by Taipei
Medical Colleges can also be found under each department's homepage.
- Taylor University
- Taylor University is an interdenominational liberal arts college
in Upland, Indiana with a branch campus in Fort Wayne. Our president is world renown
speaker Jay Kesler.
- TEAMS Distance Learning
- Our purpose is to support and enhance K-12 instruction by
providing Internet information, educational resources, and collaborative projects that
foster authentic research in the classroom.
- Texas Tech University Health
Sciences Center At Amarillo
- To learn more about your role in rural health care, visit theTexas
Tech University Health Sciences Center at Amarillo Home Page. Information including:
Residnecy information; Student information; Research projects; Class Information; Local
Area(Tourist) Information; Information about all 4 Texas TechCampuses (Campi? :)); With
links to our Allied Health Program;With links to our Pharmacy Program. Hope to see you
- THA Media
Distributors: Educational Video Catalogue
- THA Media has developed a excellent educational resource this site
is for educators to search their extensive educational video catalogue. THA has
Educational Video Resources for all ages including Documentaries on Global, Environmental,
- The alchemy
- 6 megabytes of information, original texts, graphics on alchemy in
all its facets.
- The Critical Thinking
- Critical Thinking Community promotes interdisciplinary educational
reform. Central to its books, conferences, assessment systems tools, and workshops is the
promotion of quality reasoning, writing, and reading for K-12 and Universities.
- The Educational
- A searchable database of educational software.
- The Environmental
- The Environmental Education Network is a clearinghouse of all
environmental education materials available on the Internet. This system is maintained by
the EnviroLink Network in a joint partnership with the H. John Heinz III School of Public
Policy and Management.
Journal of Mind and Behavior
- I have a new URL that the WWW Virtual Library: Education will be
interested in including a pointer to under Journals: The Journal of Mind and Behavior
http://kramer.ume.maine.edu/~jmb/welcome.html Description: The Journal of Mind and
Behavior is an educational and professional journal dedicated to the interdisciplinary
approach within psychology and related fields - building upon the assumption of a unified
science. JMB is interested in: the psychology, philosophy, and sociology of
experimentation and the scientific method; the relationship between methodology,
operationism, and theory construction; the mind/body problem in the social sciences,
psychiatry and the medical sciences, and the physical sciences; philosophical impact of a
mind/body epistemology upon psychology and its theories of consciousness;
phenomenological, teleological, existential, and introspective reports relevant to
psychology, psychosical methodology, and social philosophy; and historical perspecives on
the course and nature of psychological science. Please feel free to contact me if you have
any questions. David Allie Liaison for Computer Technology The Journal of Mind and
- The MAD SCIENTIST
- An interactive and WWW-based 'Ask A Scientist' interface. The
network is staffed and run by the students, faculty and staff at Washington University and
Washington University Medical School in St. Louis. Questions may be submitted via email or
directly through the WWW.
- The Museum of Innovation
- It is an educational resource established to engage people of all
ages and backgrounds in exploring and experiencing technologies affecting their lives, and
to inspire today's youth to become innovators in the technologies of the future.
- The New School Distance
Learning Program (DIAL)
- The DIAL program enables students to take courses completelyat a
distance using interactive computer conferencing andmultiple other media. Each semester,
undergraduate and graduatecredit courses in over a dozen disciplines are offered by
- The Oryx Press
- The Oryx Press, a Phoenix-based information publisher, in
conjunction with the American Council on Education (ACE), offers a wide variety of
faculty, administration, and library resources for the higher education market, as well as
teacher, media specialist, and school librarian resources for the K-12 curriculum. The
ACE/Oryx Series on Higher Education catalog is available on the Web site, supplemented
with author biographies and reviews.
- The Physics Museum at the University of Queensland
- Houses examples of antique physics instruments, Australian made
electronic instruments, plus other interesting devices ,included also is a database of
world museum sites.
- "Forward one application and gain access to all Network
- The Queen's College,
University of Oxford, UK
- WWW site advertising courses, info on College, history, etc.
- The Royal
Veterinary College Home Page
- Home Page of the oldest veterinary school in the English-speaking
world. Information on undergraduate and graduate degrees; research; clinical services;
CPD; veterinary nursing; home of the Animal Care Trust charity.
- The School of Education,
- The Purdue University School of Education. Includes faculty and
staff, departmental, and enrollment information, announcements, school projects, etc.
- The School
of the Built Environment, Coventry University, U.K.
- Information about the School, its staff and their research, and
courses in Building, Civil Engineering and International Disaster Engineering
- The University
- List of all the universities by state and alphabetical order. It
is always up to date.
- The Virtual English Language
- The Virtual English Language Center is an online resource for
students and teachers of English as a second or foreign language. We currently offer The
Weekly Idiom, Fluency Through Fables, and the E-mail Pen Pal Connection.
- UNCW Center for Teaching
- Programs and resources for teaching in higher education. Online
courses, refreshers, and other university related teaching and learning opportunities are
- A networked series of clearing houses to support teaching and
learning. Initiated by Australia's Committee for the Advancement of University Teaching.
Initial sites cover Engineering, Health, Humanities and Social Science, Law, and Science.
- Universidad San Francisco de
Quito - Ecuador
- Informacion sobre la Universidad y el Pais. Enlaces a otros
Servidores WWW en el Ecuador y en el Mundo. USFQ University and Country related
information. Links to other WEB Servers in Ecuador and in the World.
- Universidad Santa Maria La Antigua
- Full description in our server. We are the catholic university of
the Republic of Panama
- This Web page is basically our standard indtroductory brochure
online. We are planning to reformat it for greater user-friendliness and include links to
other resources. University Information Bureau assists international student, their
advisors and faculty in selecting appropriate colleges, universities, and financial aid
sources for study in North America (United States and Canada). Through our membership in
NAFSA (National Association of Foreign Student Affairs), we work closely with overseas
- University of Maryland Eastern
- An 1890 Land-Grant HBCU located on the Eastern Shore of Maryland.
- University Video Communications Home
- Abstracts of over 100 video lectures by the best brains incomputer
science. Topics covered include C++, OOPS, softwareengineering, networking and
communications, the informationsuperhighway, computer architecture, and more. Perfect
forthe university classroom, seminars, or for keeping up to date at home.
Geological Survey - Education
- Vikings resources
on the web
- Links to loads of educational resources related to Viking history
and culture, maintained by The World of the Vikings Project
- A periodic table with page links to all the elements and their
History,physical properties and chemical properties. One of the better tables
- Web66: A K12 World Wide Web
- Just as U.S. Highway Route 66 was a catalyst for Americana, we see
the World Wide Web as a catalyst that will integrate the Internet into K12 school
curricula. The Web66 project is designed to facilitate the introduction of this technology
into K12 schools. The goals of this project are: 1.To help K12 educators learn how to set
up their own Internet servers. 2.To link K12 WWW servers and the educators and students at
those schools. 3.To help K12 educators find and use K12 appropriate resources on the WWW.
- Welcome to thomson.com
- thomson.com is International Thomson Publishing's (ITP)
mega-information kiosk providing immediate access to the vast array of learning-related
products and services from the ITP family of publishers, including many well-known
imprints. Extensive Web or Gopher site includes searchable database of more than 20,000
education, scientific, reference, engineering, technical and business products (growing
all the time), as well as discipline-specific resource centers, electronic discussion
lists, and on-line supplements to products.
- Wells College Home Page
- Wells College is a small liberal arts college for women located in
the Finger Lakes region of New York. Its Web server provides information about the
college, maps, and photographs.
- WHU Koblenz Home Page
- WHU Koblenz is a private German Business school offering a state
accredited business programme with a strong international focus. With nearly 70 partner
universities around the globe the school has the most extensive network of any business
- William Woods University
- William Woods is the only private women-centered university in the
U.S. WWU Online offers campus maps; information on admissions and registration; event
schedules; listings of degree requirements, majors and minors; and departmental home
pages, including one for our outstanding Equestrian Science program.
- Wilmington College
- Wilmington College is a private, co-educational, career-oriented,
liberal arts college founded in 1870 by the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers). The
college is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Wilmington
College is located in the rural city of Wilmington, Ohio, nearly equidistant from Dayton,
Cincinnati, and Columbus. The main campus occupies 67 acres in the heart of the city. Over
1,200 acres of the surrounding county are owned or leased for five farms used as both
commercial operations and teaching laboratories for students majoring in agriculture.
Wilmington is the only private college in the state that offers a four-year degree in
- World Lecture Hall
- This document contains links to pages created by faculty
worldwide, who deliver their class material via the web. You will be able to find course
syllabi, assignments, lecture notes, exams and more.
- World Wide Web
- This site provides information on the World Wide Web - HTML - HTML
Specification - Stylistic HTML - Web Authoring Concerns - Advanced HTML and Web Authoring
- WRTC Home Page
- The Home page for Waterford Regional Technical College. Provides
information on the College courses, application procedures, contact addresses, etc.
- YES! (Youth,
Education and Schools)
- The YES! pages are a re-grouping of OneWorld Online's partners'
material (all the major UK NGOS and human rights organisations). The Youth section is an
informal page where young people can find out about projects and campaigning ideas.
There's a feedback section too. The Education section is where educators can find out
about development education issues and the Schools section has yards of classroom material
for the teacher and the student. All information is divided into themes: the environment,
money matters, health, hunger, population, conflict and literacy.
- Youth Change Web Site
- See and get powerful interventions to turnaround troubled youth.